mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#28422 06/06/03 07:50 AM
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
/rename "E:\Masters of Classical Music\02 - Masters Of Classical Music - Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3" "E:\Masters of Classical Music\sprtmpmove\02 - Masters Of Classical Music Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3"

returns * /rename: invalid parameters

the file definately exists and i have absolutely no idea where the invalid parameter is.

making the new filename shorter, in this case changing from Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart to just Mozart,

/rename "E:\Masters of Classical Music\02 - Masters Of Classical Music - Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3" "E:\Masters of Classical Music\sprtmpmove\02 - Masters Of Classical Music Vol 1 - Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3"

* Renamed 'E:\Masters of Classical Music\02 - Masters Of Classical Music - Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3' to 'E:\Masters of Classical Music\sprtmpmove\02 - Masters Of Classical Music Vol 1 - Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3'

the file renames nicely. Is it a bug or is the length of the filename restricted intentionally?

btw, i'm using /rename to move the file into another folder. =)

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
it should work, cuz there is no limit for files, if it's not too long (more then 940 chars)

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Look if $shortfn(YourPat) return somethink .. If not .. I think is the mistake of the file name ..
Use //echo 1 $findfile(YourDir,*.mp3,0,echo $1-) to dir all the files ..

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
or just check if $isfile(yourfile) returns $true

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Quote:

/rename "E:\Masters of Classical Music\02 - Masters Of Classical Music - Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3" "E:\Masters of Classical Music\sprtmpmove\02 - Masters Of Classical Music Vol 1 - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - Piano Concerto in A major, K 488 - Adagio.mp3"

Not sure if you realised, but you added a directory in there..

-KingTomato
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
KT:
/help /rename
/rename <filename> <newfilename>
Renames a file, can also be used to move a file from one directory to another.

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wasn't saying that was the proble, I was wondering if maybe he realised it was moved no a new folder..

-KingTomato
N
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
N

Reading the last line in his post i would have said he did know.

Quote:

btw, i'm using /rename to move the file into another folder. =)

Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
yar. that's right. i know i was moving the file into a new folder. and if you realised, the 2nd example i quoted with a shorter filename worked! that's why i'm wondering if it's a bug or a feature made on purpose.. 'cause it's sort of breaking up the script everytime i have a loooooooooong filename like this.. crazy

Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
the file does exists.. so does the new folder.. smile

Z
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
Z
is there any problems with two spaces in filenames, I know I had problems before twith that ... Like this file name

C:\hello it's me.mp3

this will cause problems
i can't play rename of delete it with mirc ....

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
that problem might come from the quote you use in the filename (')

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

Link Copied to Clipboard