mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
I can connect to the server(s) o.k. but I cannot download any files at "Satellite bandwidth". The downloads are all just using my dialup line. I am using one way satellite service and I can download files from my web browser and other apps without any trouble. What can I do to fix this problem with mirc? I am using a proxy service for my web browser. The only settings i can find for "proxy" in mirc are under "firewall" and that doesn't seem to help. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
Those proxies are IRC Proxies.
I think you cannot download through them, download is using your connection.
I think mIRC is rather made for chatting, but you can changing files with a ctcp protocol: dcc (send/get) with other chatterz or you can made a fileserver where people can connect to download.
But I have no idea for using a proxy as you have for download with mIRC...

Anybody else?

Sarkanyka
irc@lap.hu

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Have you spoken with your provider? Altho i dont know if this applies in your case, I've been told that some, like directpc and directway one have a packet size and distance issue from your computer to the satellite to their *station* back to the satellite and back to the other computer and dcc send isnt likely to cooperate

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard