C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
I'll repost a past suggestion I made for dialogs:

$did(name,ID).id

would return $true if the dialog ID existes or $false if it doesn't

You could always do this with a dll, but I would see it as a good feature to be able to play with dialog menus dynamically.

Right now if you attempte to delete a menu ID that doesn't exist you get an error, but with de $did property you could check if the ID is valid before attempting to delete/add it and thus not generating an error.

#28010 04/06/03 08:48 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Reposting a suggestion isn;t going to make it get implimented anyfurther. It just makes you look like an anoying fool. Besides, if you coded the dialog, you should have the common sense to know if an object in the dialog exists.

-KingTomato
#28011 04/06/03 08:55 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
i posted something like this with this property too so it will return the Nth id in dialog

#28012 04/06/03 11:31 AM
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
He said he was re-posting a past suggestion, as in a suggestion he made in the past. If you look at his posts you'll see he hasn't made one about this before, meaning it must've been before the forums were lost, which means it was at least 6 months or so ago. Maybe you should check things out before jumping on people's backs like that. And who says everyone only uses/interacts via scripting with their own dialogs?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
#28013 05/06/03 04:51 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Fisr off s/he has made three posts, meaning it is plausable they made a post in the other two with the same suggestion. They could have commented once, and then reposted the comment.

Secondly, chances are when your scripting a dialog, your not assigning id's action blindly. You should have some form of farmiliarity with the dialog before you start scripting with it. Atleast, common sense would tell you too look at it before you deal with it.

-KingTomato
#28014 05/06/03 02:06 PM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
The suggestion was referring to an example where let's say you have a dialog with a file memory in the menus. Let's say you have 10 spots, then while the dialog si already opened you want to manage de menus by adding/deleting some items, but if you don't know which id's are already used, if you try to add an ID that is already used you get an error and the script stops.

And do not take me for an idiot, I know how dialogs work and I already made a work arround for the problem, but it doesn't mean you can't post a suggestion to simplify, suggestion that would be really easy to implement IMHO.

And yes the suggestion was posted before all de message board was lost.

Link Copied to Clipboard