mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Hello Khaled! wasaaaaaaaaaah ๐Ÿคช

I don't know if this is viable, but would be nice to have the possibility to add multiple nicks into 1 same Notify contact, so when the contact changes his nick, he wont be Notified as offline

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

e.g: if CarbonKid87 changes his nick to CarbonKidAway, he would still appear as online in my Notification List

๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ฝ

Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
If I understand your idea correctly, then for two nicknames of one user, you can add 2 different entries in the "mIRC Address Book > Notify" dialog box.

Also, it would be easier to solve this problem if wildcards were used in the nickname: ยซCarbonKid*ยป than to list several identical nicknames of different lengths.

๐ŸŒ http://forum.epicnet.ru ๐Ÿ“œ irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
well, in my case I use 2 completely different nicknames: Piratoshi, and my old one, Ortega.

but wildcards would be also very usefull

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Then you did not understand correctly. I support the original suggestion.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted by Epic
If I understand your idea correctly, then for two nicknames of one user, you can add 2 different entries in the "mIRC Address Book > Notify" dialog box.
The difference would be that when that user changes nicknames from X to Y, with this suggestion (only), you would not see a pair of "* X has left IRC" / "* Y is on IRC" messages. Of course, the flip side of that is that over time, you might first see "* X is on IRC" and later "* Y has left IRC", which could make logs harder to follow. Then again, one would always have the option of not using this suggested feature.

Also, it would be easier to solve this problem if wildcards were used in the nickname: ยซCarbonKid*ยป than to list several identical nicknames of different lengths.
That is unfortunately impossible as it is not supported by the base IRC protocol (specifically by the ISON command). Keep in mind that the whole point of the notify list is that it also works when you do not share any channels with the users on there.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
Ok. Then I would prefer that the "Nickname" field be changed to into an editable drop-down list, into which you could add/delete the required number of additional nicknames that will relate to one record of one user. It seems to me that this will be more convenient than entering many nicknames in one line.

Layout example:

โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡[Linked Image from i.ibb.co] โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

๐ŸŒ http://forum.epicnet.ru ๐Ÿ“œ irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Yeah, this layout is pretty simple to use and efficient. I like it!
I hope Khaled likes the idea and also hope its viable to implement ๐Ÿ™

Ok. Then I would prefer that the "Nickname" field be changed to into an editable drop-down list, into which you could add/delete the required number of additional nicknames that will relate to one record of one user. It seems to me that this will be more convenient than entering many nicknames in one line.

Layout example:

โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡[Linked Image from i.ibb.co] โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡โ€‡[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Link Copied to Clipboard