Print Thread
#271797 21/06/23 07:02 AM
Q
qr22 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Q
So i've runned into a issue when changing my znc password.

I get the following msg;

*** You need to send your password. Configure your client to send a server password.
*** To connect now, you can use /quote PASS <username>:<password>, or /quote PASS <username>/<network>:<password> to connect to a specific network.

It works to manually connect by typing /quote PASS but is there a way I could get rid of that when connecting? The login method is set to "None" (as before) and as I understand the "Password" field under "Group" should be blank. If I type the password there it says invalid pass.

All help is appreciated.

Ps ive checked the earlier posts reagarding this, but those didnt help me out.

qr22 #271798 21/06/23 10:30 AM
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Have you tried to put your username and password in the server password field in mIRC, as suggested by znc?

The server password field is the 5th editbox, after 'Group' if you're using the server list option.

@khaled this is an issue, the server list option window cannot have twice the same editbox text 'password' as that is completely misleading, one should be 'server password' while the second should be 'nickname password'

Last edited by Wims; 21/06/23 01:30 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
qr22 #271799 21/06/23 01:43 PM
K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
You can do this:

Description: EFnet-znc
Address: znc.ip.address.or.host.name.goes.here
Port: 1234
Group: EFnet
Password: KindOne/EFnet:password
Login Method: None

Note: If you are using ssl/tls, include "+" before the port number, example: +1234

Just double check you are using the correct password by clicking the eye icon on the right side of the text box.

Wims #271800 21/06/23 06:07 PM
Q
qr22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by Wims
Have you tried to put your username and password in the server password field in mIRC, as suggested by znc?

The server password field is the 5th editbox, after 'Group' if you're using the server list option.

@khaled this is an issue, the server list option window cannot have twice the same editbox text 'password' as that is completely misleading, one should be 'server password' while the second should be 'nickname password'

Already tried that, didnt work. I removed the ZNC account, created a new account with a new password, works now.
Something is off. Thanks anyway

KindOne #271801 21/06/23 06:08 PM
Q
qr22 Offline OP
OP Offline
Q
Originally Posted by KindOne
You can do this:

Description: EFnet-znc
Address: znc.ip.address.or.host.name.goes.here
Port: 1234
Group: EFnet
Password: KindOne/EFnet:password
Login Method: None

Note: If you are using ssl/tls, include "+" before the port number, example: +1234

Just double check you are using the correct password by clicking the eye icon on the right side of the text box.

This didnt help, still got /quote PASS, thanks though

Link Copied to Clipboard