Print Thread
#271551 13/04/23 12:52 PM
K
KindOne Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
Removal of the "scripts\" folder causes a issue with the "Monitor File Changes" setting in the Script Editor. It prevents the Script Editor from seeing file changes done in external editors.

While deleting some files and folders from my test install folder I accidentally included the "scripts\" folder. mIRC was closed at the time of the deletion and the folder only had default scripts and files included in a new install.

I tested on a copy with mirc.exe and mirc.ini in the same folder. Also tested on a copy of mirc.exe installed elsewhere while using %appdata%\Roaming\mIRC\ for the mirc.ini and "scripts\" folder. I got the same issue.

1, Verify this setting is enabled/checked: Tools -> Script Editor -> Options -> Monitor File Changes
2, Load/Create a script in a different folder like C:\temp\foobar.mrc.
3, Exit mIRC.
4, Delete "scripts\" folder.
5, Start mIRC.
6, Edit foobar.mrc in external editor like notepad.
7, Save file in external editor.
8, *BUG* No "mIRC File Changed" dialog.

If you recreate the "scripts\" folder after modifying the script in a external editor the "mIRC File Changed" dialog will appear in a few seconds or so.

I used v7.72 non-beta release in this testing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. The reason for this is that mIRC is trying to monitor the scripts folder.

I am going to change the next beta so that mIRC no longer tries to monitor the scripts folder if it is not present. However, this will have the side-effect that if you recreate the scripts folder while mIRC is running, it will not be monitored.

This change will be in the next beta.

Link Copied to Clipboard