• is it feasible for the Nick Colors window to have the same background shade as the $color(background) where these colors are normally shown against? It appears to use a background taken from system colors, which for me sets this as a white background. However when $color(background) is black, since the Nick Colors window displays the row text using the color defined for that rule, you can't see labels for colors 99, yellow etc until it's the selected row. And since auto-color rules are shown as if color 99, they're completely invisible, and their presence is completely hidden if they're the last rule.
  • I cannot find any syntax for using /cnick to create an auto-color rule, so unless it just needs to be F1 documented, it could either be a new -switchletter or could have the color parm as -1
  • The Nick Colors window can be used to create a rule for someone using color99, which can be used to exempt someone from matching a wildcard. However, the COLOR parm in /cnick doesn't accept 99

/cnick foobar 98
    * Added foobar to color list
    /cnick foobar 99
    * /cnick: insufficient parameters
  • where $cnick(Nth).color returns 4 if that's the color associated with it, changing it to be an autocolor rule changes the return value as $color(normal)

It seems more useful for it to return something like -1 or 'Auto' so you don't need to check $cnick(1).auto to see if that's the real color, because color-normal isn't what that rule is really doing.
  • The color list used in Nick Colors looks like the same dropdown as used in options/display, and it would make it easier to use if the Nick Color swatches included the index number in a contrasting shade, similar to how the Ctrl+K has.

I'm guessing this can't be done in Alt+K too if that's a system-generated palette.