mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#271072 22/11/22 11:15 AM
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Does anyone know of any public irc networks allowing unusually long strings for part of your address?

• NICKLEN > 30 ?

In the 005 notice you receive at login, which some networks let you repeat later with /version
    there's an item indicating the longest lick they'll let you use. The longest I've seen is 30, and I'm wondering if anyone uses or knows of networks allowing nicks longer than 30?
  • USERID > 10 ?

The vast majority of networks limit this length to 10, but I know that IRCHighway allows it to be 11, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other networks which let this be longer than 10?
  • Hostname > 63

Not sure if this is a limitation or a configuration default by the network, but the longest hostname in an address that i've seen is length 63. To find the longest hostnames in your IAL, you can run these 2 commands. The 1st one does a /who #channelname for any channel where there are nick(s) not in your IAL, and the 2nd one creates an array of 64 zeroes, then replaces it with the count of how many nicks in the IAL have a hostname of each of those 64 lengths. If the last of the 64 numbers in the output is not a zero, I'd like to know which network would allow that.

//var -s %i $chan(0) , %delay 1 | while (%i) { if ($nick($chan(%i),0) != $ialchan(*,$chan(%i))) { timerwho $+ %i 1 %delay who $unsafe( $chan(%i) ) | inc %delay 5 } | dec %i } | timerwho?

//var %array $str(0 $chr(32),64) , %i 1 | while ($ial(*,%i)) { var %v1 $v1 , %len $min(64,$len($gettok(%v1,2,64))) , %new $gettok(%array,%len,32) + 1, %array $puttok(%array,%new,%len,32) | if (%len > 60) echo -a $v1 %v1 | inc %I } | echo -ag %array

Last edited by maroon; 22/11/22 11:45 AM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
maroon, Welcome to testing on the server "irc.epicnet.ru : 6667"

• IRCD = InspIRCd v3+

• NICKLEN = 70
  • USERLEN = 15
  • HOSTLEN = 64

I can also change the config settings if needed for the test.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
"welcome" lol
You are not welcome on this network. G-Lined: Bot/Proxy/Drone/

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
maroon, I am very glad that you tested the protection against bad addresses. Indeed, there are strict restrictions on access if you use "VPN/Tor/Proxy" or some unreliable web sources.

Try to disable all this and use only a regular mIRC client to connect to the IRC network  :-]

    [Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Update:

By the way, on my server there is no such text wording of the message about the ban: "You are not welcome on this network. G-Lined: Bot/Proxy/Drone/"
Please check if you spelled the server name correctly? Are you sure you didn't get the server address wrong? I did not see that there was any user connection...

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru 📜 irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
I wasn't using a VPN or Tor or a Proxy, just my normal IP. And I was using mIRC 7.71

Duh oh me, I picked the epic from the serverlist, and was wondering why everything was in french

Last edited by maroon; 22/11/22 01:34 PM.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted by maroon
Duh oh me, I picked the epic from the serverlist, and was wondering why everything was in french
It would be nice if Khaled fixed this or added the correct name of my network "EpicNet" -> "irc.epicnet.ru" to the default mIRC list, as there is a similar name and it can confuse users. Thank you.

maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Actually the correct network name for the serverlist 'group' field is what it uses as $network, which for your place is EpicNet.Ru
Since you have a dot in the $network string, users prior to v7.66 may have problems related to
https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/268977/server-m-libera-chat

Link Copied to Clipboard