mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
maroon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
* One behavior that goes at least to 6.35, in handling blank raw at the bottom.

* Starting in 7.66 I see a behavior where the visible rows change from <enter>

* Another is position of Ctrl+F window uses old editor location, starts somewhere around 7.3

Quirk#1:

Step 1: scroll to bottom of Script Editor, press <enter> insert new line below bottom line
Step 2: use mouse to scrollbar up to middle of the script, then scrollbar back to the bottom
Result: doesn't let you see the blank row at bottom unless you <down arrow>

I guess this has something to do with the behavior of <ok> pruning blank rows from bottom of scripts.

Quirk#2: window jump-shift, this one is less harmless

Step1: open Script Editor
Step2: page down a couple times, then arrow down until the top line coincides with top visible line in editor, and is a script line that doesn't go past the right edge of window
Step3: arrow or click to tail end of that top line and press <enter>

result: if former lines visible were lines 331-350, pressing <enter> on that line changes visible range to lines 330-349, making the previous line visible and the inserted blank line is the 3rd line instead of the 2nd.

Quirk#3: Find window remembers wrong position

Step1: Open Script Editor
Step2: Open Ctrl+F find window, then close it
Step3: drag Script Editor to new location
Step4: Open Ctrl+F find window again, and it stays in the old location, unlike Ctrl+G that dutifully follows the editor. Rumor has it that this is more extreme on dual monitor which i don't have.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. The first two quirks you describe are richedit editbox behaviours. The third quirk, the find and goto dialog positions, is not a quirk - it is by design. I am actually copying the behaviour in my Visual Studio editor, which leaves the find dialog in the same position that I last closed it, whereas it centers the Goto dialog. This makes sense because I often place the find dialog in different locations so that I can move it out of the way while searching, whereas the goto dialog is used to jump to specific lines, so it does not need to be moved out of the way.

Link Copied to Clipboard