Print Thread
#270674 22/08/22 09:05 AM
H
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
H
Hi.
I could use some help with a couple of questions.
I am using mIRC v. 7.69.

In the chat log. How can I stop the added 01 in front of my nickname?
Example:
<My_Friend_>
01<My_Nick> What is the purpose of the "01"?

When right clicking in a chat window....
Why was the right click "ignore" function removed?

Thank you.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The 01 is the color index 1 for black. Probably means you've enabled nick colors, and set either a colorized rule for $me, or possibly set a rule for * or *!*@* with the box checked for "auto color based on nick". You can prevent this by checking the box in options/irc/logging "strip code", but that strips all the control codes not just the colors

/help Control Codes

Note that there will still remain a colorcode at the very front of each line of the log, but I assume that this is so options/irc/logging/"automatic log and reload" would show everything in the expected color.

--

As for a 'right-click' ignore function being removed, you didn't specify where. The only one that's there by default is when right-clicking on someone's nick, where it should be the 1st item under "control".

If you see scripts or right-click items missing, that can mean that mirc.ini was damaged or lost, causing it to be replaced by a brand new file containing default settings. See both links in my post here:

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/269397/re-all-settings-suddenly-gone#Post269397

Since mIRC has not yet added the feature where it makes an occasional backup, see my script linked in that post, where I create an occasional backup of mirc.ini using a filename containing the day of the week, so eventually when/if your mirc.ini gets damaged, you'd have something from which to restore. Note that my script by default only does this with mirc.ini, but you can remove comments in the script to do the same thing with popups.ini vars.ini aliases.ini etc. The same kind of damage can happen to scripts or other .ini files used by mIRC, but it's far less likely to happen to those because mIRC doesn't write nearly as often to those filenames as it does to mirc.ini

Note: any forum posts containing url's at the mircscripts.net website from 2018 forward almost certainly refers to the modern version of the website, which recently has been forced to move to mircscripts.info, so you'll need to edit that link to my backup script. If you find your script has been reset to default, you can see if you've got a backup created the last time you installed a client update. Just change the wildcard to mirc*.ini vars*.ini servers*.ini etc when you paste this command into any editbox

//echo -a $findfile($mircdir,popup*.ini,0,echo -a $asctime($file($parms).mtime) $parms )

H
OP Offline
H
Thank you for the reply.

As for my question 1 your reply is what i was looking for and is now fixed.
Thank you!

As for my question 2
In mIRC Version 7.62:
If someone I don't know sends me a message and is bothering me with repeated messages there is a right click option in the chat window to ignore user.
In the current version this option has unfortunately been removed.

Thank you.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I see what you're talking about now. However, I found an install of v7.45 from 2017, and it has a popups.ini that's identical to the popups.ini installed by v7.69 now, except that each new version slaps its own timestamp on the file, so if you're not seeing the rightclick items, then either the file's been damaged somehow, edited incorrectly, or it's pointing to the wrong location.

For starters, paste this command into the editbox of your status window:

//var %a Status Channel Query Nicklist MenuBar , %n 0,%i 1 | while (%n isnum 0-4) { var %f $readini($mircini,pfiles,n $+ %n) | echo 7 -s Alt+P menu for $gettok(%a,%i,32) looks at size $file(%f).size timestamp $asctime($file(%f).mtime) filename %f | inc %n | inc %i } | echo -s similar filenames found: $findfile($mircdir,popup*.*,0,echo 3 -s size: $file($parms).size timestamp: $asctime($file($parms).mtime) $parms)

If you see that this or any of the n0 through n4 are looking at the wrong filename, or that the linked filename is suspiciously small indicating that it's been damaged, there's different fixes depending on what the problem is.

n0 through n4 of [pfiles] should show the brown lines containing a path\filename to the file where mirc should find the 5 different right-click menus. If there's no driveletter:\ path, then it's a relative location to where mirc.ini is located. By default, all 5 point to the same filename popups.ini located in the scripts subfolder beneath where mirc.ini is located.

If the above shows a popups.ini at a different location than where [pfiles] is looking, then you can use the /load command to point popups menus at the filename(s). see /help /load though be aware that the examples are redirecting the popups to point at a file located in same folder as mirc.ini, so if you do their example command it will point away from scripts/popups.ini

Paste the following script into any remote script (or a new one) then type into status window: /popups_sanity_check

If there are any red lines, there MIGHT be a problem, depending on why. If you've never edited the default popups.ini, it has a harmless bug in the [bpopup] section where item n10= is missing, so this script is identifying the difference between the expected item and the item found.

If there is a missing n123= item, or if the correct n123= items are there out of sequential order, this script will flag that as a problem even though it's probably harmless. However, if the same n123= number appears twice, that is a problem because $ini only sees one of them, and it will be in the display only once.

For example, if n20=foo:noop appears between n7= and n8=, and if n20=bar:noop appears after n19=, the popup menu will only show the 'foo' item between the n7= and n8= items, and it won't think the n20=bar item exists, and the next time you edit that section in the alt+P editor, it renumbers everything so that it now contains n8=foo:noop and the hidden bar:noop item is gone.

The prior paragraph is why the message has an asterisk for containing*, because $ini and $readini only see the 1st of 2 identical item= in the section.

Such a scenario could explain how the ignore item in the query menu vanished. So basically, don't edit popups.ini in notepad unless you really know what you're doing.

If all you're needing is to have the default query menu, open the Alt+P editor then choose 'query' from the dropdown, and this is what the default contents should look like:

Info:/uwho $$1
Whois:/whois $$1
Query:/query $$1
-
Ignore:/ignore $$1 1 | /closemsg $$1
-
CTCP
.Ping:/ctcp $$1 ping
.Time:/ctcp $$1 time
.Version:/ctcp $$1 version
DCC
.Send:/dcc send $$1
.Chat:/dcc chat $$1

If you don't have any valid copies of popups.ini at all, you can either reinstall mIRC in a new folder so you can harvest the popups.ini from there, or else you can get the default popups.ini from the latest mIRC version in the "support" dropdown at mircscripts.info

Code
alias popups_sanity_check {
  var %targets mpopup cpopup qpopup lpopup bpopup
  var %f1 $mircini , %f1section pfiles ,  %f1sectioncount $ini(%f1,%f1section,0), %f1i 0
  while (%f1i < %f1sectioncount) {
    var %f1n n $+ %f1i , %f1i %f1i + 1 , %f1found $ini(%f1,%f1section,%f1i)
    echo -s $iif(%f1n != %f1found,$chr(3) $+ 4expected $v1) found: %f1found in [pfiles] containing* $readini(%f1,n,%f1section,%f1found)
    var %f2 $readini(%f1,n,%f1section,%f1found) , %section $gettok(%targets,%f1i,32) , %sectioncount $ini(%f2,%section,0) , %i 0
    echo 3 -s examining section %section of %f2 containing %sectioncount items
    var %section %section, %line $read(%f2,ntw,$+([,%section,])) , %line $readn + 1 , %count 0
    while (n*=* iswm $read(%f2,nt,%line)) { inc %line | inc %count }

if (%count != %sectioncount) echo 4 -s warning .ini physically contains $v1 items but mirc sees $v2
    while (%i < %sectioncount) {
      var %n n $+ %i , %i %i + 1 , %found $ini(%f2,%section,%i)
      echo 7 -s $iif(%n != %found,$chr(3) $+ 4Expected $v1) found: %found  containing*: $readini(%f2,n,%section,%found)
      var %sn n $+ %i
    }
  }
}

H
OP Offline
H
Thank you so much.
This is what I was looking for and I will try it out and see how it comes out.
It's just irritating that you have to go to the nick and use the control command to ignore someone when a simple right click can do the job.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Best Regards

Link Copied to Clipboard