Print Thread
#270421 24/06/22 04:25 PM
P
ptaylor Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
P
Using the current version of Mirc on Windows 11. When using the Alt + Tab key MIRC remains in the foreground and will not switch to the other applications that is running. I do not think Windows is causing the issue since all the other applications I am using works fine.

I tried deleting the config file did no fix the issue. I do know that error's in the code or using certain type of extra lib files could cause some issues.

Last edited by ptaylor; 24/06/22 07:36 PM.
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Sounds like you have set mIRC to be "on top".

Click on the main mIRC icon in the top left corner and see in the "On top" option is enabled, if so click on it to disable it, see if that were your problem.

If on top setting is not your issue, which windows are you talking about/trying to alt tab to, are those mIRC windows or different programs like chrome notepad etc?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you confirm that you've not set mirc itself as 'on top'? The menu on the mirc logo in the upperleft corner has a menu choice for 'on top'. Or you can manually disable: /showmirc -p

maroon #270427 25/06/22 02:57 AM
P
ptaylor Offline OP
OP Offline
P
By default when Mirc is installed is that normal and you have to type /showmirc -p and if so it should not be that way.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
By default when Mirc is installed is that normal and you have to type /showmirc -p and if so it should not be that way.

This feature is not enabled by default in a new install. Note that it can also be enabled/disabled through the "View" menu in the menubar by selecting "On Top".

Link Copied to Clipboard