Print Thread
#270157 12/04/22 05:18 AM
L
Lymril Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
L
I recently downloaded 7.68, upgrading from 7.64 and noticed the major change made in the server list. I've always been able to change my list of servers by removing servers.ini and replacing it with the one from my previous mIRC version. Now I am unable to do that. No matter what I've tried, the same list of servers is always there. How do I get rid of it and replace it with my own? Surely I don't have to delete them all one-by-one and put in my own list from scratch!

Thank you!

Lymril

(Yes, *that* Lymril)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I don't understand the problem. I just now tried it and it worked fine.

1. copied servers.ini to servers_backup.ini
2. copied servers.ini from where a copy is saved from when the prior version was installed.
3. press alt+E to open the serverlist's window

When I now look at the dropdown list, I now see the contents from the server list taken from the old version instead.

Are you wanting to merge the old contents in with the new, or just use the old version only?
Because if you're wanting to keep the old server list, that should happen unless during install you check the box next to the serverlist, which causes it to copy the brand new server list on top of servers.ini instead of leaving the old one there.

Link Copied to Clipboard