mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
This issue pertains to the optional edit box you can activate in channels. The small one off to the side.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

As you can see, the normal edit box takes the new modification just fine.

The edit box, however, on the bottom right, seems to have the bulked up border still.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, this has been fixed for the next beta.

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J

It has been... somewhat fixed. beta 7.65.676 now mostly keeps the bar one color, but then fades to a darker color. I'm not even sure I know which color the border bar is supposed to be.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks, unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce the above issue here.

Can you describe a step by step method that reproduces it for you?

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
All I did was maximize my window to fill the screen and it just has a two tone color shift to it. I have the command box active on the right, as you can see, and to the far left is the bottom of my switchbar, as I don't use the treebar.

Part of the bar has the dark gray like the bar next to the scrollbar, but the rest is light gray as per usual.

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
I am on Windows 10 on the 21H1 update. I have no dlls loaded into mirc to change behavior.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Looking at your picture, it is showing a black editbox... but the editbox line is white. This should not be possible in the latest beta. The editbox line should be a colour close to the editbox color. Are you using the Monochrome theme in the color dialog? Can you please type the following in your status window and report the result?

//echo -a $os $version $iif($beta,04 $+ $beta $+ ) $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0) $hmac($mircexe,2)

I have still not been able to reproduce this issue.

Can you please describe a step by step method that reproduces the issue for you?

For example, here is what I tried:

1) Run mIRC
2) Disable Treebar in View menu
3) Move switchbar to the left of the mIRC window
4) Maximize the status window
5) Connnect to a server
6) Join a channel
7) Type Alt+Q to show the second editbox

When I do the above, the editbox lines are colored correctly.

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
I have made an interesting discovery while messing with my copy of mIRC.

I don't exactly have a step process aside from 'I opened my client and connected.'

I use my own custom theme color, not the monochrome, and I don't even use that color in my theme anywhere, for the bars to show up that way.

But, as I said, an interesting discovery. I am using a laptop, with a monitor hooked up as a second display.

Primary Laptop Display:

Secondary Monitor Display:

As I move the mIRC window from screen to screen, the weird color glitch appeared or went away.

I do have two video cards in my laptop, an integrated Intel HD 630, and then a high processor nVidia 1060ti. The HDMI port to my laptop is a connection straight into the nVidia, while the main laptop screen is primarily (but not in all instances) handled by the Intel HD 630.

As it is, the Intel HD 630 should be handling the visual processing of mIRC on both screens, as it is not a video game, but I am no expert on how laptops with multiple video cards behave.

Also, your echo result is in the screenshots.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks I was able to reproduce the issue. This should be fixed in the next beta.

M
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
M
Reporting from mIRC Beta 7.65.922 (from my proper account I recovered! ... technically I have another account, too, but the email for that account is long since missing and I don't recall the password, but that's another story.)

The bug I reported seems fixed. Border colors maintain between my monitors.

Link Copied to Clipboard