mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#268616 26/03/21 01:25 PM
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled,
Today I detected in the last beta version 7.64.6125 a problem in the windows in the minimize, maximize and close buttons.

Printscreen:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Video

If I close mIRC and go back to open it will be fine again.

Last edited by Khaled; 26/03/21 09:19 PM.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report.

Are you able to reproduce the issue using a certain combination of show/hide/min/max/resize/etc.?

Does it happen after you do something specific? eg. change a system setting?

Did this happen the moment you ran mIRC, at startup? Or was it initially okay and then became like that later on?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Are you able to reproduce the issue using a certain combination of show/hide/min/max/resize/etc.?

I can't reproduce because it doesn't always happen.

Does it happen after you do something specific? eg. change a system setting?

No, I haven't changed anything.

Did this happen the moment you ran mIRC, at startup? Or was it initially okay and then became like that later on?

When I started mIRC it was normal, and later with mIRC connected to IRC networks, when I noticed the windows were like this, as I showed on the print screen and in the video.

When that happened, I made the print screen and the video, and closed mIRC and restarted and went back to normal.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
From your video, I only saw the icons for the main window, which appeared to be not affected, and the affected icons for 1 channel and the status window, was this affecting all windows except for the main window?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
It was affecting all windows, except the main mIRC window.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for the video and feedback. That is really odd.

The close button is the right size, the restore button is squashed, and the minimize button does not exist. In addition, the hover background is an equal size for all of the buttons but sized for the Windows 7 Aero theme. This is even odder because the hover background is directly based on the button image size. Considering that the button sizes/images are determined on startup using a single Windows API call that should return reliable sizes, and not recalculated later unless there is a system setting change, and the fact that you noticed it change later on after startup, makes this even stranger.

Is it possible that a DLL you are using is interfering in some way?

Is it possible that you changed a system setting, such as colors, themes, DPI, etc.?

I am going to add some debugging to the next beta to try to see if this can be tracked down.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled

Is it possible that a DLL you are using is interfering in some way?

I am not using any DLL that interferes with mIRC windows.

Is it possible that you changed a system setting, such as colors, themes, DPI, etc.?

I did not change anything in the system, neither the mIRC nor the Windows 10 Pro.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
How many times have you seen this issue so far? Is it just this one time that it happened?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Only twice.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Using mIRC Beta 7.64.6394 on Windows 10 Home, I have encountered a new issue since your last change to try to fix the error reported in this thread. Somehow, I see the buttons twice now when windows are maximized, and if I put the windows into windowed mode inside mirc, a phantom set of buttons that do nothing remain at the top.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These 'phantom buttons' do nothing when a window isn't maximized inside of mIRC, but they do when a window is maximized.

Edit 1: Does not happen til I join a channel/open a second window, but persists after I close all but the first status window. Tried on a fresh copy of the beta as well as the client I normally use.

Last edited by Jaillynian; 04/04/21 12:54 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Using mIRC Beta 7.64.6394 on Windows 10 Home, I have encountered a new issue since your last change to try to fix the error reported in this thread.

Thanks for reporting this. Just to confirm: if you run beta 7.64.6125, the prior beta, do you see this issue?

If you see the issue in 6125, do you see it in any of the previous betas: 7.64.6087 7.64.5829

If you go to the Windows 10 Settings dialog, select System and then About - what Windows specifications (edition, version, etc.) do you see?

Last edited by Khaled; 04/04/21 09:34 AM.
TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
So far I have not detected any problems in the new 7.64.6394 beta.
If I detect it, I will say.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Upon Further Testing. Edit.

7.64.6125 does have this issue.
7.64.6085 has the issue.

Issue does not appear in 7.64.5829.

I'm also unable to reproduce TECO's issue.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 20H2
Installed on: 6/13/2020
OS Build: 19042.870
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 12.2212.551.0

Edit 2: I forgot to open multiple windows on the earlier betas, but upon doing so, I did reproduce the issue, unlike when I first made my post, hence the first edit. This edit is for clarity. Multiple windows quickly reproduced the problem, except for 5829, which worked like normal. I even tried a clean mirc.ini as well as my normal ini to compare. Issue persists in both instances. Also updated the windows information to be more precise.

Last edited by Jaillynian; 05/04/21 12:48 AM.
J
Babel fish
Babel fish
J
Updated to cumulative 19042.906 OS Build, still there.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
7.64.6125 does have this issue.
7.64.6085 has the issue.

Issue does not appear in 7.64.5829.

Great - thanks for narrowing it down!

I will be making changes in the next beta that should hopefully fix this.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled,

I haven't detected any problems with the buttons yet, but I will continue to test and check if the problem happens again.

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The latest beta should hopefully fix the bug that caused themed buttons to be displayed incorrectly. I tracked it down to a windows message timing issue - which is what made it rare and difficult to reproduce. If you do see it again, please let me know.

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Hi Khaled,

I had been online for 12hrs and 13mins and suddenly mIRC was like that with different windows. I don't know what could have happened.

I leave the video for you to watch.

New VĂ­deo

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I am able to reproduce this exact behaviour in a test beta by changing whether theming should be enabled or not. What you are seeing should not be possible unless either there is memory corruption of some kind or an external application is interfering with the mIRC hidden helper windows that are used to manage the theme. Are you using anti-virus software?

TECO Offline OP
Pan-dimensional mouse
OP Offline
Pan-dimensional mouse
Yes. My antivirus is McAfee Livesafe

TECO
irc.PTirc.org (Co-Admin)

Link Copied to Clipboard