mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
recent mirc version now does beeping while in an open channel window and typing instead of 'only' when channel is not the active window.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
which setting are you talking about? If it's options/sound/"beep on message" for "channel", i'm only seeing that happening when there's a message in a not-the-$active window. If you have the "buffer" box checked, it will beep if there's a message in the active window's channel if you're not scrolled all the way to the bottom.

R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
sorry for late reply, came on because windows update is not showing Mirc UI. (is in processes). the beep setting is in the open windows setting screen. issue is now I get a beep when i'm typing in the actual window that was quiet forever ago. the setting is 'on' and never beeped while window's focus is on the active window.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. Which version of mIRC were you using before upgrading? When do you hear the beep? ie. does it happen only when someone says something on the channel? Or some other event?

R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
it beeps when I enter a line or anyone else enters a line. mirc 7.64

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You didn't say whether that option for 'beep on message' has been checkboxed for 'channel'.

Also, in case a script is causing that, see if it still happens after you disable scripting events with:

/remote off

(be sure to use "/remote on" to enable scripts after testing)

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
it beeps when I enter a line or anyone else enters a line. mirc 7.64

Are you scrolling back through the buffer when you hear the beep? Or are you at the bottom of the buffer?

R
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
R
in process of resolving fail to open UI (went to tray which never happened before after windows update) updated to latest version of windows 20h2 and the beeping issue resolved. I was at bottom of buffer in live conversation.

Link Copied to Clipboard