mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Epic Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
When I make the style dark in my client (which me like best), then in all the inner windows of the client their borders, light gray color, become visible.

In the screenshot, these borders are indicated by arrows:
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Can I somehow remove this?

It is advisable to add to client options so that these border can be removed by setting "frame = 0" or "border size = 0"
Or so that can change the border color to your own color in a wide range of colors in RGB mode.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru πŸ“œ irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Does "inner window" mean the @window or something else?

If you change settings in options/display/options/styles dropdowns, is this something different than you're describing? If not, I don't know what you mean by making your style dark.

Epic Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
I mean #channel windows, private windows and probably all windows that can be created in the client.
Dark style is the ability to change the background by setting the image or changing the color in - ToolBar, SwitchBar, NickList, EditBox, Channel, Private ...
If all these parts of the client are made in dark colors, then the frames of the window in which the text of the chat is displayed will become visible.
Especially if these windows are slightly moved away from the control panel on all sides.

🌐 http://forum.epicnet.ru πŸ“œ irc.epicnet.ru 6667 #Code | mIRC scripts, help, discuss, examples
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You didn't answer my 2nd paragraph. I set a channel background to use a dark red background, and set the editbox background to also be red, and I now had a white stripe between them.

Using that option I mentioned, setting it to "no frame" didn't make that go away, but changing "border color" to also be red - caused the white stripe to go away.

As for setting it to a 24-bit color, the dropdown for setting the border color has all the 99 colors in it, so if you're trying to theme something besides plain white or black, that there'd be one of the colors which is what you'd need.

Epic Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
If this affects something, then I'm use the "Windows 8.1" system and "mIRC v7.63". Changing parameters in: "Options/Display/Options/Styles/" does not resolve the issue of visible border around chat windows.
For clarity, I'll set the color to red. The screenshot shows that the separator strip between the chat window and the text input field is highlighted in red, and blue arrows indicate borders that are visible and cannot be removed or changed in any way.

To reproduce this problem, you need to style the mIRC client in a dark style, to do this, follow these steps:

   1. On the client menu uncheck several options to disable them "Viev/TreeBar" and "Viev/MenuBar".
   2. Right-click on the SwitchBar (List of open windows), select from the menu "Position/Left".
   3. Right-click on the SwitchBar (List of open windows), select from the menu "Lock Bars".
   4. Download this image to the root folder of the client's mIRC: image for background (or use any of your images in dark colors).
   5. Right-click on the ToolBar, select from the menu "Background/Select" and install the downloaded image.
   6. Right-click on the SwitchBar (List of open windows), select from the menu "Background/Select" and install the downloaded image.
   7. In the ToolBar menu, click on the "Π‘olors" button and set the color to black in the EditBox and in ListBox.
   8. Right-click by status window in the windows list SwitchBar, select from the drop-down menu "Background/Select" and install the downloaded image.
   9. Then set in the same window menu how to display this image "Background/Tile". (Same for channel and private windows).

Congratulations! You have now set up your client's dark style. Now all the light gray frames and borders of the windows are visible, as in the screenshot above, indicated by the blue arrows.

I would very much like this visual flaw, which spoils all the beauty of your style, could somehow be veiled in your colors in RGB or removed altogether, through the client's options.
I think that many developers of their design for the mIRC client, have repeatedly encountered this drawback and will be grateful if there is such an opportunity to fix it through.

Ideally, it's nice to have something like this in the options, with the ability to choose your own color from the RGB color range, including the ability to completely remove all frames and borders during installation:
"No Frame" and "Border size = 0", so that it was possible to create your own client design, for example this:

Well, and accordingly, for quick setup and change of style through scripts, add 2 commands: "/frame <on|off> [1-5] [rgb-color]" and "/border [0-5] [rgb-color]"

Link Copied to Clipboard