Print Thread
Q
quartz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
so I have a bookmark link (at end of this post),

(excuse me, didn't realise this link was actually that big)

in firefox, "ctrl-i > media" also brings up images that the instagram page contains

can mirc (w/sockets or something?) get this information to save images?

so the question is - can mIRC retrieve images from an instagram page. I've just included the code below from the bookmark link in case it has some information about how images are retrieved

also I don't do javascript (someone else provided the code below on a different forum), if anyone sees anything in the code below that isnt needed or looks suss

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
there's no link, so an unknown portion of your post was chopped.
My only experience with https sockets has been with sites that didn't need login authentication cookies, which I assume instagram needs, so I don't know how to use sockets to inform a site that I'm logged in.

Another issue that matters is how the site sends the data back to you. If they send it as a huge chunk of data without line-endings, you'd need to fetch it into a binary variable so you could stitch it together when it finally finishes - or at least sends enough data to identify the info you're needing.

Q
quartz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
thanks - the link is the large chunk of java script at the end

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'm not seeing it. When I search your post for "https" they're all at github.io and none of them are near the tail end of your post.

Q
quartz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
after the word 'suss' there is no javascript then a chunk?

F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
The bookmarklet functions on an entirely different basis than say MSL scripting. The bookmarklet is executed on an already loaded instagram page within a browser; thus allowing it to make use of javascript previously loaded by instagram in your browser, aswell as identifying credentials such as the user's cookies

mIRC does not have that luxery, essentially you'd have to write a script that performs the same requests as the browser to scrap image URLs and then download them

I am SReject
My Stuff
Q
quartz Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
Q
k , thanx for the info maroon and Froggie

Last edited by quartz; 19/08/20 12:12 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard