mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I've been having trouble with the server connect dialog in mIRC 7.61. I've had this issue with earlier
versions of mIRC and thought it was fixed, but apparently it hasn't been.

I just added two new servers via the connect dialog. Both servers are in the same group. One of
the servers connects on port +7070, and the other one on port 8909. I have both of these set up
correctly for each server via the connect dialog.

The problem is that, often, the connection that's configured to connect to port 8909 tries to connect to
port +7070, even though port 8909 is explicitly specified and displayed in the server dialog.

The only way I've found to work around this (temporarily) is to go into the connection properties, remove and
reinsert the same port number (8909), then OK out of the dialog. This will work okay for the next session, but
if I subsequently connect using the port +7070 connection, the same thing happens all over again and
I have to reconfigure the port 8909 connection as stated above.

Somehow, the port +7070 is getting misread from one connection to the next, despite what the server port
option indicates. (the second connection always displays 8909 in the dialog)

Thanks and regards.

Correction: The connection for port 8909 is actually the first server entry; the connection for port +7070
is the second one.

Last edited by sonagaia; 02/06/20 07:13 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. This is the intended behaviour.

When you add servers with the same group name, those servers are treated as if they all connect to the same network. If you are connected to a server in a particular group, and later disconnect/reconnect, mIRC will cycle through the servers in that group.

If you want mIRC to treat the servers as separate, you should add them with different group names.

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi Khaled. Thanks for the reply.

In my case, mIRC is not cycling through to the next server. Instead, I'm using the Select button
to choose the server I'd like to connect to. When I do that, mIRC connects to the correct
address but for some reason the port is wrong and doesn't conform to what's in the server
configuration dialog. I've used this method in another group for years and haven't had a problem
with it.

I took a look in servers.ini, and everything looks good in there.

Does this also sound like intended behaviour?

Regards,

Thomas

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yes, if the status window is currently set to use a secure connection, it will continue to use a secure connection for any subsequent connections to the same group/network.

This means that if you connect to an SSL port on a network and then disconnect and try to connect to the same network using a non-SSL server, mIRC will override that and choose the more secure SSL server.

You can override this by placing the servers in different groups.

Link Copied to Clipboard