#26692 28/05/03 06:34 PM
G
Gwion Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hi,

I am on a channel on a network with Chanserv and Nickserv (just in case this is of importance) and recently have been flooded with notices by another user.
How can I effectively protect me against it and is there an action that HURTS to stop that user?
MIRC has flood protection (silly me, it was not enabled) but the only reaction to flood is ignore.
I run MIRC 6.03 with Invision 2.0 Build 2520

If a user is repeatedly offensive, what can you do in general? Apart from the usual ban-kick from a channel.

Thanks,
Gwion

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
You can use ignore the privates at part of the server .. /silence +themask - to add /silence -themask - to remove .. To ignore privates from al usersl /silence +*!*@*
To ignore all channels .. Type //mode $Me +d to remove -d
Diference betwen the mirc ignore and /silence +*!*@* & //mode $Me +d is that what the server don't send you the messages .. If you use just mirc /ignore command .. The server send you the data .. But the mirc don't show it .. (Tested on Undernet Network)

(10x a lot to my friend DLMA)

mIRC Chm Help 6.16.0.3 Full Anchored!
F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
I would suggest you for the begining to script a nice flood protection... if you see that this happens a lot keep timestaped logs and whois the flooders and contact an IRCoperator of the networks you use... if you tell us the network you use we might be able to help you a lot more since most of the networks has teams witch work against diferent things as spamming flooding and diferent other things... Tell me your network I'll let you know more about the teams you're network has if any and who to contact smile

F
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
F
Most networks has a limit in silence modes you can set... usually in most networks it's set to 10 witch is not verry good for floods since if they use many diferent proxys and diferent nicknames/idents you'll have a problem... or you'll need to silence *!*@* witch means everything...

Link Copied to Clipboard