Print Thread
#266521 20/12/19 11:07 PM
S
Shawn_R Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hello, all. I am new to SSL encryption but I have been trying to work through it by myself. I've been learning about it for about a day now. I think the problem is the cacert.pem file as it keeps saying the certificate has expired. For the part about the name being invalid, I'm not really sure what that's about. So, my question is, where can I get a valid cacert.pem file? The one I'm using right now was supposedly extracted from Mozilla FireFox. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This error message means that the IRC server you are connecting to is using an invalid SSL certificate. This is an issue with the IRC server and there is nothing you can do yourself to resolve this. The owner/administrator of the IRC server would need to fix this. Your only option at this point is to check the "automatically accept this certificate in future" option and click OK. However, by doing this, you will be accepting that the SSL connection may not be secure or authentic.

S
Shawn_R Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thanks! Selecting that option worked and I am now able to download files within secure channels. I get that it's just a work-a-round but it's good enough for me. Much appreciated!

Link Copied to Clipboard