Print Thread
X
XashDE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
X
Hi!

So in order to get a working chat in Red Dead Redemption Online i installed mIRC but it doesn't work when putting it on top. But it works on the PC of my wife for some reason, any ideas?
The mouse realizes the window is there tho, as it changes and i can click the windows, cicking me to the desktop.

I'm on Win 7, 64bit, latest mIRC.

And the second question: tried to make the window transparent but failed miserably. How can i achieve zhis, please? Preferably without menu or borders.

Thank you for reading and (maybe) helping.

Greetings,
X.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
So in order to get a working chat in Red Dead Redemption Online i installed mIRC but it doesn't work when putting it on top. But it works on the PC of my wife for some reason, any ideas?
The mouse realizes the window is there tho, as it changes and i can click the windows, cicking me to the desktop.

If you enable the "on top" feature, does it work correctly on the Windows desktop? ie. Is it correctly positioned over other normal windowed applications? If it is, then that means it is working. However, as any application can use this setting, if multiple applications use the "on top" settings for their windows, they will compete for the "on top" position, and there is no guarantee which one will actually be on top. From your description, it sounds like mIRC is on top (because the mouse is reacting to it) but the game is drawing over mIRC. I am not sure how you would get around that.

And the second question: tried to make the window transparent but failed miserably.

Windows only supports transparency on top level windows. This means that you would need to have your status/query/channel/etc. windows open as desktop windows by default. This can be enabled in the Options/Display/Options/Windows dialog. If you make this change, are your windows transparent on the windows desktop? If they are, then the feature is working. However, transparency depends on Windows to manage and blend all of the currently displayed Windows. In addition, some Windows features can disable transparency, eg. if you use "basic" or "classic" theme on Windows 7. Windows 10 handles this much better.

Preferably without menu or borders.

mIRC does not support removing titlebars, menus, or borders from its standard windows.

X
XashDE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
X
Thanks for the reply.

1.: Yes, it works flawlessly on the desktop. Trying around a bit the last few days showed that indeed it seems to be a conflicting "on top" setting since it works fine when the game is windowed.

2.: I have written down that wish wrongly. I meant i want to be able to only have the text visible (and maybe menu bars since that cannot be prevented as you said) and have a transparent background (the thing that´s white and you can change the background in the settings). I tried putting a transparent background but that didn´t do the trick.

3.: Too bad wink

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
2.: I have written down that wish wrongly. I meant i want to be able to only have the text visible (and maybe menu bars since that cannot be prevented as you said) and have a transparent background (the thing that´s white and you can change the background in the settings). I tried putting a transparent background but that didn´t do the trick.

The transparency feature mIRC uses only allows it to set the transparency level for the whole window. It cannot set arbitrary levels of transparency for different parts of a window. What you are asking for is far more complicated I'm afraid, ie. a transparent background with non-transparent text. I am not sure it would even be possible with the way mIRC currently display windows.

X
XashDE Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
X
Okay, thanks for the reply.

Guess i´ll have to look for another solution then smirk

Link Copied to Clipboard