mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
BradG Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
If a channel has mode "+l 123", the "123" value will be included in the window title. I'd like to duplicate that behavior for other channel modes in a mIRC script I use when connecting to Twitch.

First, when connecting to the Twitch server, I simulate a 005 message being received since Twitch doesn't send its own and I had assumed this is how mIRC knew when to display a value for a channel mode in the window title:

Code
.parseline -itqp : $+ $server 005 $me PREFIX=(qaohv)~&@%+ CHANMODES=b,k,lFHS,mEU MODES=6 :are supported by the TMI script

I've echo'd $chanmodes and verified that mIRC correctly parsed that 005 event and set its chanmodes identifier accordingly.

Later, I use parseline to simulate either a 324 message (when joining a channel) or a "MODE" message (if an action happens while already joined). Example raw message that appears in the /debug window:

Code
<- :tmi.twitch.tv 324 bradg #testchannel +F 35

I can see that mIRC adds "+F" in the window title... but no matter what I try, it never shows the value. If I try setting "+l 123", however, I see the "123" value show up in the title.

Is mIRC hardcoded to only recognize specific channel modes whose values should be added to the window title?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Is mIRC hardcoded to only recognize specific channel modes whose values should be added to the window title?

That is indeed the case. The issue is related to this post and is on my to-do list.

B
BradG Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Ah, okay, I'll figure out a different way to display that info conveniently then.

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The latest beta should now display all modes in the channel window titlebar.

The beta has changed the way it parses channel modes so that it depends entirely on CHANMODES, the MODE event, and the 324 numeric mode event to parse and update its own stored version of the channel mode.

This required changes to core code that has been stable for many years, so it will need testing.

Link Copied to Clipboard