mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
IV4x Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
I
I hope this is in the correct forum; I've searched many ways and could not find anything, but I also did not read all 1000 hits for each search.

The problem I'm having is I went to lunch, starting my nickname set to "me" (names have been changed....) and following a "/nick me|at_lunch". On return, I tried "/nick me" and it was rejected. Poking around, I find that my nickname, "me" is still in use and I cannot regain it because it is not registered. I have changed my nickname as indicated above for months without any problem. Today, it *appears* that there is a "zombie" session out there using my nickname.

I tried the /msg nickserv regain blah blah" but was told the nick was not registered [to me], so I cannot reclaim it. I tried the "ghost" command, but it is not supported by our server (ircd-ratbox-2.2.8).

I have no idea what else to try - any suggestions?

Thanks

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
Chances are, if you just wait a while the connection will be dropped.

What is the /whois information of yourself and the zombie? Are they the same? Maybe just wait a while and it will go off line. Also you could try closing your mirc and reopening it.

Another possibility is that maybe someone noticed you changed your nick and quickly moved in and registered the nick. You could try multiple ircopers and csops to explain that it was your nick first.

“Life is a miracle, and being aware of simply this can already make us very happy.”

Link Copied to Clipboard