#265697 07/07/19 01:33 AM
C
ChrisJ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
Hi.

I'm VERY new to mIRC scripting. I'm trying to create a dialog window, very similar to Channel Central. It would be specific to features exclusive to my network.

I've tried using dstudio, but I'm 100% lost on it. Anyone care to help out?

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
E
Babel fish
Babel fish
E
Originally Posted by ChrisJ
Hi.

I'm VERY new to mIRC scripting. I'm trying to create a dialog window, very similar to Channel Central. It would be specific to features exclusive to my network.

I've tried using dstudio, but I'm 100% lost on it. Anyone care to help out?

I tried dstudio and gave it up, it's rather annoying to copy-n-paste dialog (sub-)script to the editor and back into the script everytime I want to make a change.

Now I just try positioning with guestimates, save the script (or at least click the 'check brackets' button in the top right hand corner of the editor - thanks to whomever pointed that out to me on this forum) and then execute the dialog, have a look then click back into the script editor to fix. save, re-execute it and check again.

It doesn't take me much time doing this and I can actually see the results, rather than just a box where things go in dstudio. Real data is sometimes, bigger/longer than you think when using just the dstudio application.

The other advantage is that you can test your dialoge intialisation and on button clicks etc, doing it manually, you cant in dstudio.

C
ChrisJ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
C
is there a way to see channel central dialog's code? I still don't even know where to begin.

E
Babel fish
Babel fish
E
Places I used when I was starting are:

Wikichip as noted in an earlier posting - I use this as a reference rather than a 'how to'
http://www.virtual.net.au/~bekar/mirc/Dialogs-HOWTO.txt.html
http://mircscripting.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=414&sid=f691779ce89dec72d4554c297f625e45

If you want to see a simple dialog in code and can try it out yourself have a look at

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/263983/Searchpage/3/Main/50614/Words/%2Bsearch/Search/true/re-findtext-v-ctrl-f-pop-up#Post263983

where I posted a simple dialog that mimics the search for text in any window (basically a duplication of Ctrl-F inside mIRC)

R
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
R
Many people don't know the existence of Stardust 2000
It's a software to create Dialogs for mIRC, similar to Dialog Studio, but 10x better.

I tried to find it on the internet to download the installer, only found the Build 3, i've Build 4 here with me, so i'll upload it on mega.nz for you guys download.

But the problem is, it's too old and only works on WinXP

Stardust 2000

Screenshot

Last edited by rafa555; 08/08/19 02:28 PM.
C
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
C
Originally Posted by rafa555
Many people don't know the existence of Stardust 2000
It's a software to create Dialogs for mIRC, similar to Dialog Studio, but 10x better.

I tried to find it on the internet to download the installer, only found the Build 3, i've Build 4 here with me, so i'll upload it on mega.nz for you guys download.

But the problem is, it's too old and only works on WinXP

Stardust 2000

Screenshot

Does it come in English? smile
Exactly what about this is it that makes it 10x better than Dialog Studio? From the screenshot I think it looks just as much the same?

And maybe this is a little paranoid of me but I don't really trust small applications that need installing through a setup.exe unless there's something that makes it necessary.
Dstudio works perfectly as a standalone and quite portable application. Same goes for mdxstudio for working with mdx.dll things. Why does this have to be installed to work?

Link Copied to Clipboard