mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
O
Orobas Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
I've just updated to 7.55 as per the forum thread re URI security affecting older versions.

I've tried to add a very useful script i was running to date on my old 6.35 mirc and encountered a dll issue..

The script, some of you may know, was Channel central by Lindrian (yes i know.. i'm ancient!!) no issues on load until it was loaded then i ran into this message

Code:
* $dll: unable to open 'C:\Users\Cheiron\Desktop\Undead MIRC7.55\chancentral\chancentral\dlls\dcx.dll' (line 884, chancentral.mrc)

now looking at the code.. its a monster length one so i'm gonna post a link to it on paste.ee Channel Central by Lindrian

Line 884 is
Code:
if ($isid) returnex $dll($scriptdirdlls\dcx.dll,$1,$2-)

Any ideas on a fix please. I'm on Windows 10 Home 64bit

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
can you confirm that the file exists in that location? in any editbox paste:

//echo -a filesize is $file(C:\Users\Cheiron\Desktop\Undead MIRC7.55\chancentral\chancentral\dlls\dcx.dll).size

O
Orobas Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
Hi Maroon

Quote:
-
filesize is 777216

O
Orobas Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
I have experimented by updating the dll to see if it helped.. but same issue. there is something with this dll or that line that the 7 series of mirc has an issue with

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I was going to suggest trying to run mIRC in XP or Vista compatibility mode, but I'm not sure that works. My original question was due to the error message you report being ambiguous, since it's the same error you'd see from:

//echo -a $dll(file_does_not_exist.dll,abcd,efgh)

This dll gives the same error on 32bit Win7. The fact that it gives this error when I give an invalid function name - tells me that mIRC doesn't even get as far as trying to call the function name. Perhaps its LoadDll function is doing incorrect which is no longer forgiven. I have an even older DLL which provided support for $md5 hash digest and it still works, so the age in itself doesn't look like it's the issue.

O
Orobas Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
Hi Maroon

Tried the mirc in compat mode.. tried it portable too...

For some reason it will not run on the 7 series of mirc..

Have mirc done away with dll in favour of a new system ?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
No, it's not done away with. As I mentioned, an even older dll from 2003 still works. Perhaps the dll inspects the client launching it, and doesn't recognize it, so refuses to load. Note how that script has syntax where the mdx.dll needed to be told which mirc version was running.

O
Orobas Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
O
how odd!

just did a fresh 6.35 install as portable (on the same machine as my 7.55) and installed chancentral fresh from its original zip.. and it works fine with the older mirc.

Link Copied to Clipboard