mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
L
In mIRC there is an option to remap the color of the screen, text, and other such rather nice bits to whatsoever you deem fit. I personally use a black background and a very light grey for my standard text.

HOWEVER, some rather fiendish villains of the electronic world have stupidly assumed that ^k1 is going to be displayed properly and instead on my screen it displays as large blank spaces unless I either strip color codes altogether or manually select said text.

This is simply unacceptable to me. I would like it to be a future feature of mIRC that in addition to being able to remap the colors which various items display in, that I be able to remap the colors to which each color code corresponds so I don't end up with any more of that nasty blank space. And it may save my eyes if some enterprising young soul decides to blast my with bright yellow at three in the morning.

This should be fairly simple to implement as mirc already supports remapping of the standard display colors. It would just become necessary to provide a secondary interface, possibly within the options menu, to avoid this nasty predicament.

Sincerely,
Leviathan

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Umm..you can--

Press alt+k, and right click any number of the 16 color boxes >:D Poof!

-KingTomato
L
OP Offline
L
Umm, no. That allows me to change *my* colors, which would allow me to have a background more eye-numbing than my current black. What I want to be able to do is change the result of some other lovely individual's ctrl+k1's attempt to turn their text black regardless of what color it was originally. Currently that either has to be stripped out or selected to find what they actually wrote.

I do not want to change my own background. I want to change *their* attempt to change text color into one that is not so difficult to read.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There was a regex post a while back that dealt with this. It searched for the pattern of a color that wasn't enjoyable and stripped it. Im sure with some modification, youi could have it replace just as easily. I believe its purpose originally was to preven the client from seeing a color-on-color as you've explained. i.e. []1,1 []2,2 []3,3 etc

-KingTomato
L
OP Offline
L
in truth I can make an on *:text:*^k*:#: remote that will use $replace to replace the text I was having problems with. however, all it'll do is re-display that if I use an /echo. I've already implemented it for codes 1, 2, and 8 (that last one just 'cause it's annoying on any background). However I can't get the original message to stop displaying on the screen so it's still largely useless. And /halt didn't work.

L
OP Offline
L
Oh, well, screw me... I didn't realize you had to prefix an event with ^ to allow a /halt to stop display. I got that from the help channel on efnet =(

If anybody would like a copy of my workaround, I'll post it:

on ^*:action:**:#: {
if ((10 isin $$1-) || (11 isin $$1-) || (12 isin $$1-) || (13 isin $$1-) || (14 isin $$1-) || (15 isin $$1-)) {
goto colorsenda
}
elseif ((1 isin $$1-) || (2 isin $$1-) || (8 isin $$1-)) {
/echo $chan 6[ $+ $asctime(HH:nn) $+ ] * $nick $replace($$1-,1,14,2,12,8,7)
/haltdef
}
:colorsenda
}

on ^*:text:**:#: {
if ((10 isin $$1-) || (11 isin $$1-) || (12 isin $$1-) || (13 isin $$1-) || (14 isin $$1-) || (15 isin $$1-)) {
goto colorsend
}
elseif ((1 isin $$1-) || (2 isin $$1-) || (8 isin $$1-)) {
/echo $chan [ $+ $asctime(HH:nn) $+ ] < $+ $nick $+ > $replace($$1-,1,14,2,12,8,7)
/haltdef
}
:colorsend
}

just plop that into your remote, and as-is it replaces 1, 2, and 8. 1 and 2 are *really* low contrast on black, 8 is just annoying. I haven't checked to make sure the log's still working, but /haltdef says it doesn't halt anything but the text. Of course, a lobotomized chimpanzee could probably code something more elegant and versatile than this, and I'd *still* like the feature implemented in mirc itself so I don't have to migrate this over to future versions... But this works right now.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
realize that will not always work, because there is []01 as well as numbers exceeding the 15 mark that are the same color

-KingTomato
L
OP Offline
L
Which is why, if it would be pleased, could a method be *included* with mIRC? Something so that text matching background can be prevented whether it happens through accident or design?

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
Have a loook at this post.

A
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
A
Instead of changing the background to black ...

change the WHITE color to BLACK and the BLACK to WHITE ..

so ... []1 will be white and []0 will be black ... problem solved ...

but this might mess up other things...

--------------------------------------------------
I really don't know anything.... I just fake it
L
OP Offline
L
*weeps* I understand what the first guy was meaning with using the colors function now. If you have unused colors, custom set those to match the colors you want. For me, that was white, dark blue, and yellow. I set my background back to 0 and changed *it* to be black, changed 1 to be dark grey, changed 2 to be light blue, and changed eight to be orange. =/ dang... Easy... *begins cursing* :tongue:

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
heh- Yea, if you don't like it, just change it >:D

-KingTomato
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
Wow. I didn't know about this option.. Perhaps there could be a text "right click a color to change how it displays on your machine" placed next to the colors. Never in a million years would I have tried right clicking those colors. lol

Well, if I was searching for an answer for a million years by messing with my mIRC, I would've probably tried it, but not for at least 1,000 years or so. heh

I'm sorry! I'm in a senseless mood today! You should see what I posted in the general discussion forum. It's just sad.

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]

Link Copied to Clipboard