mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Anyone know any dll for draw images with more resources than the default /draw commands? For draw faster or even just for draw with transparency... Maybe some color pallete related stuffs also... x)

Last edited by SteveNunes; 19/12/17 09:34 PM.
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Is this your first time really working with @picwins?

The typical setup generally involves 2-3 types of windows used for different purposes:

Sprite-Image Buffer - Hidden from user(/window -h)
Fill the background of this window with a color NOT used within any of the sprites it will contain then draw (or load from file with /drawpic) the sprites. If you need to split up the sprites to use a different transparent color, create more Sprite-Image buffer windows

Once the sprites are created/loaded, you can use '/drawcopy -t' to copy from the sprite-image buffer to other windows.

Draw Buffer - Hidden from user(/window -h)
This window is used to perform draw commands out of view from the user to avoid 'flicker' or incomplete rendering being displayed to the user. Do all your drawing, copying, etc to these windows.

You can use multiple Draw buffers if you need to compile sub-sections of a 'frame'. Once subsections are compiled, use a 'main' Draw Buffer to compile the frame and then /drawcopy to the main UI

Main UI window - Visible to user
This window is the one shown to the user. You shouldn't be drawing directly to it short of /drawcopy'ing from the buffer to here or adding overlays that sit atop the 'frame' image.

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 19/12/17 09:54 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I know this all bro.. When i talked about transparency, i not meaned about it... see a slice of my main sprites file
https://puu.sh/yJXcO/fe252626a1.png

im talking about real transparency (eerr i really dont know how to explain it better... like... ghost that you can see through it)...

Btw my current game uses few hide windows (for general sprites, for character sprites, for mount sprites, for BG and the one where i just mix it all before copying to the main one)

Last edited by SteveNunes; 19/12/17 09:46 PM.
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
I was just making sure. mIRC's draw commands are rarely the issue for 'laggy' drawing(as they are, for the most part, aliases to native Windows' functionality)

What you are asking for is alpha-channel drawing. This isn't something mIRC supports, and I don't know of an mIRC dll that provides such functionality, sadly frown

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 19/12/17 09:58 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I know mirc not provide it.. Thats why I asked for a .dll, like the one for play multi-sounds at the same time, btw that dll is working fine =)))) Ty again for the info

O
Ook Offline
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
O
I've so far found it impossible to get a dll to draw on a @picwin without taking over all the drawing (which means mIRC commands don't work).
However doing it in a dialog works fine (see dcx.dll image control).

Link Copied to Clipboard