mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#259534 17/12/16 10:42 PM
I
intel233
intel233
I
I am trying to echo something that is in parenthesis. How can I do that? ex. (TV) just to TV
I tried something like $remove($2,(,)) ) } }
but that isn't working.

#259535 18/12/16 02:21 AM
B
Blas
Blas
B
Basically, mIRC is thinking that the ( and ) are part of it's scripting language. You need to tell it that's it not by using the ascii characters for the text instead.

Code:
$remove($2,$chr(40),$chr(41))


See http://www.roubaixinteractive.com/PlayGround/Binary_Conversion/The_Characters.asp

#259595 31/12/16 04:46 PM
I
intel233
intel233
I
Thanks for the help but I am getting * Invalid format: $strip

This is what I have:

$strip($3,$chr(40),$chr(41) $remove($2,$chr(40),$chr(41) ) ) ) ) } }
I am trying to echo
(PRE)(TV)(Gossip.Girl.S01E03.Wie.du.mir.so.ich.Dir.German.DUBBED.DL.1080p.WebHD.x264-FKKTV)
To be Gossip.Girl.S01E03.Wie.du.mir.so.ich.Dir.German.DUBBED.DL.1080p.WebHD.x264-FKKTV TV

Last edited by intel233; 31/12/16 05:45 PM.
#259596 31/12/16 09:18 PM
B
Blas
Blas
B
Your $strip command looks like a mess. Try typing /help $strip in mIRC for the correct usage. Also, you have too many brackets on it.

You are asking to do something very specific. There are many ways to accomplish what you want, but the best/easiest way depends on what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

It seems like you want text like (PRE) and (TV) removed, you can try /help $remove for an easier way to do this or try /help $regex for a more complicated and advanced way.


Link Copied to Clipboard