mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
I have mIRC 7.44 configured to show quits "In-Channel". Instead, they always appear in the status window. Is there another setting that controls this?

Thanks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There are two places where you can set the display method for events:

The mIRC Options/IRC/Events dialog allows you to set the global defaults for all windows.

The window-specific Events dialog that can be accessed via a channel window's system menu (click top left corner of window). This overrides the global defaults.

If you check the window-specific setting, is it correctly set?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Uncommon, but quits show in the status window when you receive the notification for a user you don't share a channel with

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Originally Posted By: Khaled
If you check the window-specific setting, is it correctly set?

When I check the window-specific setting it's set to "default".

In IRC Options/Events it's set to "In Channel".

The output appears in the status window. I don't recall this behavior in versions prior to 7.43.

Thanks for the reply.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have not been able to reproduce this issue so far. In my tests, the quits appears in channel, status, both, or hidden depending on the setting in the Options/IRC/Events dialog.

As far as I can see from the source code, there has been no change to this feature since at least mIRC v6.35, eight years ago.

Are you using any scripts or addons that might be causing this issue?

Which IRC server are you connecting to that displays this issue?

If you install a clean copy of mIRC in your Windows Documents folder, using the "portable" option in the installer, and run mIRC from that folder, are you able to reproduce this issue with it?

S
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
S
Hi Khaled.

Thanks for checking it out. I'm pleased to report that now that I've upgraded to version 7.45, the issue no longer exists! The quit messages now follow the Events option.

That probably doesn't make much sense to you, and it doesn't make much sense to me either. I merely report it.

I'm using the same self-written script that I've been using for many years. Nothing has changed in it and there is nothing in there that would intentionally affect a Quit message.

I generally connect on halcyon.il.us.dal.net.

If it happens again, I'll try the portable clean install option.

Sorry to put you to so much trouble.

Thanks again for replying.

Thomas

Link Copied to Clipboard