mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257342 31/03/16 07:24 AM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
mirc began acting strange tonight. Attempted to do a whois and it would pause and not show the whois. Then I attempted to ignore someone "TW" and my client did not ignore him, but in status window it posted "02:18:a -TW Unknown command" and it repeats every second causing me to lag. Now, none of my scripts are working. I updated to the new version and this error carries over in the new version. Any suggestions how I can fix this?

I am using Windows10 with mirc v.744

You can twist perceptions .. reality won't budge!
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Type /remote off, if everything works, it's one of your script

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Wims #257348 31/03/16 05:44 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
did that .. it didn't stop it. Still getting:
12:43:p -TW Unknown command

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This may mean that you have an incorrectly written alias in the Aliases section of the Scripts Editor. For example, one of your aliases may be missing a { or } bracket. You would need to look through the aliases in your Aliases section to see if you can spot it. You could also click the "Check Brackets" button (it looks like a black circle with a checkmark in it) at the top right of the Scripts Editor, which may help track it down.

Khaled #257382 03/04/16 02:53 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Thanks for the suggestions Khalid. I checked all of my scripts and found a few problems so I deleted those lines. I installed a new instance of mirc. Iinstalled my alias one at a time, my popups too. No problems with that error. Thought I was out of the woods and then suddenly it was back. It prints out every second:
09:52:a -TW Unknown command
It's lagging me to the moon. Any other ideas?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Check if you have any /timer related stuff on start event and use /timers off to stop all of them, if the problem still try follow these steps:

1. Unload all your DLLs, if you have any (/dll -u Dll_name)
2. Use /remote off
3. Use /exit -nr
4. When the mIRC start, check if there is any TIMER running in the background, use /timers, if you see any use /timers off to stop them all

If the problem still, then it's something else.

Last edited by westor; 04/04/16 11:56 AM.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
westor #257414 05/04/16 05:57 PM
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
Westor .. I discovered some new clues after I wrote the above post. My double clicks were no longer working .. Like Channel Central, Query, etc.

I am almost afraid to say this ...but I think it is all working now. You fixed it.

I followed your directions meticulously. Then I got to the end and exited .. when it restarted I looked for timers and it said that none were found.

Then I noticed that that nuisance msg was gone. And all my double clicks were working again.

I am afraid to believe it will last. LOL Thanks a bundle.

Link Copied to Clipboard