mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#257110 15/03/16 05:56 AM
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I used to be able to put people on ignore and it would stay that way. Now, every time I log on, I need to re-add them. Anyone know why this is happening?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC by default stores all the Ignores into the 'control.ini' file, now if something like this happening then probably you have an code that removes all the ignores.

Solution:

Use /remote off and search into the Remotes files about the 'ignore' command and then fix or remove this code for stop remove them and then enable again the remotes.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
P
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
I am not sure what you mean. How do I search the remote files and what am I looking for? I did the /remote off but I don't even know what that does. I don't use scripting or any of that. I just need to find the place to set ignore to keep the names.

I found this definition, but it says it is one of the hardest things to work with and the examples were really complicated:
Remotes:

The remote allows you to create scripts that react to IRC events, such as when a user joins a channel or sends you a message. This tool is the most complex part of IRC and to use it you must already know how to use IRC Commands, how to create Aliases, and how to use Variables and Identifiers. Remote/listen menu includes ctcps, events and raw, these must be turned on for your scripts to work.

Last edited by PinkWonderGirl; 16/03/16 09:49 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which version of mIRC are you using?

Please follow these steps:

1. Open the Address Book dialog (via the Tools menu in the menubar) and click on the Control tab, you should see a list of the users currently in your ignore list.

2. If the list is empty, add a user, and press OK in the dialog. Now open the Address Book dialog again to confirm that the user is still in the ignore list.

3. Exit mIRC.

4. Run mIRC.

5. Open the Address Book dialog again. Is the user still in your ignore list?

Link Copied to Clipboard