mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
I need some help. I have been using mIRC for almost 7 years. Yesterday my internet provider changed me from DSL service to WiFi. When I went to log into the mIRC today I was given an error message that I couldn't log into any server I tried. I fixed this by letting the mIRC past my firewall. Now I can connect to IRC okay and get to a channel but I almost immediately get disconnected from that channel. I tried several channels with the same result. I have reloaded mIRC today and the problem still exists. All seems okay, I remain connected to the server (at least it tells me I am) just disconnected from the channel. No error message appears. Thank you for any help.

T
OP Offline
T
Some additional information to my above post. Sometimes I am getting that dreaded 10053 software error message but not always. I have tried several different servers undernet, Dalnet and they give me problems. I have been able to get to lesser known servers but when I go to the channels I am the only one there and I do not get disconneted. If I look at the main server window it almost always shows me as connected.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Try connecting with SSL over nonstandard ports or through a VPN or proxy. If problems still occur you just have a bad connection. If problems stop that indicates your ISP is filtering your traffic.

T
OP Offline
T
Thanks for the reply. I tried to use a proxy but I didn't have much luck. I'm a true dummy with software things and could not figure out how to connect with SSL over nonstandard ports or the VPN thing. I do not think they would be filtering my traffic as I am located in the Philippines which is the chat and social media capital of the world, lol. All I know is after they changed my antennas to this PLDT wifi is that I immediately started having this issue, so I suspect that maybe they are filtering it. Could you possibly tell me how to do the SSL over nonstandard ports thing? Remember that I'm not real savvy on this. Thanks.

T
OP Offline
T
Just to let anyone interested know. My connection issues all miraculously disappeared today after 6 days of getting the dreaded 10053 error message. I did absolutely nothing to fix the issue other than to write an e-mail to my ISP (PLDT) two days ago to PLDT complaining about my being unable to connect. They obviously were blocking service to the mIRC as two days later it began working with no issues so far. I sure hope this continues.

T
OP Offline
T
I'm back to being instantly booted from all channels for the past two days now yet it says I am still connected to the server when I shut mIRC down. I haven't touched any settings.

Link Copied to Clipboard