mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
i want to setup a command list of all the commands i have for channel so everybody knows the commands and i figured that the new whisper command would be a good way to do it i just don't know how to do it.

i tried this

on *:TEXT:!help:#: {
if ((%floodtest) || ($($+(%,floodtest.,$nick),2))) { return }
set -u10 %floodtest On
set -u30 %floodtest $+ $nick On
msg $chan /w $nick this is a test
}

but all i get is unrecognized command

also if there is a better way to do it where u can do like /help so nobody can see that a person is looking at the list of commands that would be nice

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
that is so dumb like it's would be such a great idea so nobody has to post their command list on a website i guess everything cannot be perfect

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
/whispers are sent via another twitch.irc server, you need to use multi-connections with your bot to make it.

Dont give a fish - teach to fish!
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
i need a tut on how to do private messages with multi connections all i'm finding is how to set multi connection up not how to use it to make private messages

Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Read about /scon, /scid, $cid and those link above.

Dont give a fish - teach to fish!
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
i don't know if i messed it up messing with the connections or not but my bot is connected to the channel but i don't see the user list of people in the channel i don't know how to fix this

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
nevermind i figured it out twitch disabled something so it was not showing userlist till e3 is over sorry i got off topic

alright getting back on topic i'm still doing research on everything that was given to me i'm still confused

i want to explain what i want again i want to have the command list to show in chat and what it does and only that person that typed the command sees it just like how it is in minecraft when u type /help

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
i need like a step by step of what i need to learn because like all i'm getting is examples and not very good explanations how to do things i'm not seeing what i want

A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
http://hawkee.com/snippet/16610/
that's a script i wrote for twitch whispers. it can send but not receive. Twitch irc sucks and makes that hard / impossible to do

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Come on its not too hard as you are talking about, its mIRC Scripting and not a C++ kind of scripting language, all you need is to read the help files and asking, and this forum is the correct place to ask for.

Last edited by westor; 28/11/15 10:34 PM.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
i have no clue what you just said xD

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: acpixel
Twitch irc sucks and makes that hard / impossible to do

About this.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
A
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
A
yeah, its because of the way they have whispers set up on the group chat servers... because of the way they do it you can send whispers but not receive them. its fine tho

Link Copied to Clipboard