#255765 20/11/15 01:03 AM
A
aaa123 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Greetings,

I'm trying to disable the annoying update popup on start.
These lines are on mirc.ini:

[update]
check=0
next=1448066784

How to disable this popup permanently? Is it possible delete or modify "next=x" line?

Thanks in advance.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Did you set that to 0 while mIRC was running? It will be overridden. You should be able to disable this in the gui options somewhere.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Not just "somewhere", you can disable the auto-update check in Alt+O -> Other -> [ ] Check for Updates

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
A
aaa123 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
I can confirm that the auto-update check on options doesn't save the config: the popup appears in a day or so.

Is there anybody with 'next=0' line on mirc.ini with no updates popup?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Originally Posted By: argv0
Not just "somewhere", you can disable the auto-update check in Alt+O -> Other -> [ ] Check for Updates

Correct, argv0!

I have that unchecked, and my mIRC.ini still has :
[update]
check=0
next=1286800548

but I get NO popup. (that's what the check=0 means)

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
The auto-update checkbox in the options most definitely saves your config, otherwise the option would be outright broken and would be a bug.

In any case, you should not be editing mirc.ini directly-- there is a standard way to turn off these windows from inside the options, and they work (I tested them).

Are you sure it's the auto-update box that you're trying to silence? mIRC can open a few different windows on start, like the About box, which mentions updates but does not manage them. A screenshot may be helpful. Your mIRC version would also help.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
A
aaa123 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
A
Thanks for your help and patience.

I'm using version 7.29, there is no 'check for updates' in mIRC options (Alt+O -> Other).

There's only 'check for updates' option on Help section (disabling automatic check doesn't work):

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Ah, I'm testing on 7.41 and it seems that the checkbox has moved to Alt+O -> Other in the last few versions. It *might* be related to a bugfix in which that checkbox doesn't actually work in the version, but I'm not entirely sure. In any case, if you close mIRC and have the same check=0 setting in your mirc.ini, and it still doesn't work, there definitely is a bug around the dialog in 7.29.

Hate to say it, but the ironic solution here might be to update. It will be the last time you would have to do this, since I can confirm that at least in 7.41, the checkbox does (now) work. For what it's worth, 7.29 and 7.43 should be completely compatible with one another, and there are very few aesthetic changes that should affect your experience or scripts-- it should effectively be a completely unnoticeable change.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard