mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Brax Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Hi,

As it is possible for one alias to call another aliases and so on, is it possible to tell in the code which alias called the other alias?
Something similar to TCL 'info level' perhaps?

I seem to have run into problem where error tracking is getting difficult as aliases call sometimes multiple other aliases which could also call other aliases for return values. Now if something breaks its getting very time consuming trying to find the problem without knowing which alias it was that called the alias that is throwing error.

echo -a $signature
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Nop, it's not possible, and yes, people have been asking for this since the very beginning, because as you said, getting a trace of what's going on in some complexe cases can be very time consuming.

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/117684

https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/124095

even https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/212089

Last edited by Wims; 25/08/15 07:17 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Brax Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Odd... I did some searching around before I posted it but didn't come up with anything.

Anyway seeing as those topics didnt get any response from Khaled it's probably pointless for me to open another topic in feature suggestions.

echo -a $signature
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Not at all, I encourage you to post a new feature or to bump one of these thread to express your opinion, the more people to want something, the more chance it has to happen.

Using the search feature on this forum require skills laugh this might help

Last edited by Wims; 25/08/15 07:40 PM.

Brax Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Skills or not it all comes down to what search terms to use :P

As for bumping old suggestions I find it's pointless. This shouldnt be "If we scream loud enough" then maybe he will add it.

echo -a $signature
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
How is it pointless? Khaled's todo list is huge, and certainly some features have better priority over the others. If all users start saying they want this specific feature, which is at the bottom of the todo list, it makes sense that it will change its priority, otherwise you're suggesting he does not listen to us and I would disagree.
If you don't play the game, certainly you don't lose, but you will also never win, if you think doing nothing will get you anything, well you are one very lucky man wink

Brax Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Considering the fact that Khaled reads this topic anyway - additional "vote" for this feature has been cast.

Further arguing between us how the feature suggestions should be made and how one developer should let the community know whether he considers the suggestion or not is pointless and would lead only to more heated debate that will do no good to either of us.

echo -a $signature

Link Copied to Clipboard