mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#253282 07/06/15 11:07 AM
westor Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Hello,

I had experienced one strange but serious bug, after some spend time for reproduce the bug i saw that the bug was ON START event due the /timer and $input, if i set on $input the 'kN' more than the timer it removes from the mirc.ini [rfiles] section all the remotes loaded files and in the next mirc startup all the remotes files does not loading, but if i close the mirc and open it again it loading the remote file (this is the strange), here is an example reproduce code tested into an clean mIRC.

mIRC Version: 7.41 beta3

Code:
ON *:START: {
  .timer[EXIT] -o 1 5 exit -n
  var %error = $input(TEST INPUT,yhudbk10,Error)
  exit -n
}

NOTE: To reproduce the bug just run the mirc.exe and leave it to exit (via /timer on start) and then check the mirc.ini file it will miss the 'remote.ini' file from the '[rfiles]' section.

- Thanks!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your bug report. I was able to reproduce this issue. Basically, the script is trying to do a timed /exit while mIRC is in the middle of an on START event where a $input() dialog is waiting for input in a script that still needs to finish running. There are a number of issues here due to the combination of contexts and it is in fact possible to make mIRC crash. I have had to redesign the way mIRC exits, to make it unwind all of the contexts. This should be fixed in the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard