mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
E
I'm not sure who can help me or would know how long I will have to wait for a fix to be released for this. I was attempting to update mIRC from v7.38 to v7.41 and each time I start to installer, it just shuts down with no error messages. The operation system is Windows 7 Home Premium and even though I have Avast Anti-Virus, I tried disabled that for a few minutes to see if that is the cause, and it is not as it still happens with Avast disabled.

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Just shutdown the antivirus and try again

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
There is no difference between the installers of mIRC v7.38 and mIRC v7.41. If you run the mIRC installer and it shuts down with no error messages, this usually indicates that another application has forcefully closed it down. The most common cause of this issue is anti-virus/security software. Note that some anti-virus/security software continues to run in the background in some way, even if you disable it. You will need to make sure that you have shut it down completely and/or contact the anti-virus company for help with their software.

B
B2C Offline
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
B
hello mate I was wondering if u could help me go thru a step by step process or give me intructions on getting mirc installed all I need is instructions if you can help me that would be great.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Try turn off your firewall and antivirus, and also if you have something else running on your computer for "protection", also try right click on the file and use "run as administrator" and see if that help.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard