mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
N
Are there any scripts out there that turn an mirc client in to an IRC server? smile

NaquadaBomb
www.mirc-dll.com
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
Yes, I've seen them - however, I no longer remember the name .. but they do exist out there. smile

So you should try a search on script deposit websites. http://www.irc-scripts.com/ is most likely the place where I glimpsed it, but they may have changed the scripts in the database ever since the transfer of ownership.

Dana

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
N
Babel fish
Babel fish
N
Sometimes it's better to download and run a "real" IRCd. Most of them have Windows versions.

Sincerely,
Necroman, #mIRC @ Undernet
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
I know ppl who have made them, although none of them have released them.

although you can code an irc server into mIRC, its not recomended, mIRC is not multi threded, and depending on your connection type and the speed of your processor .. mirc as a server could only suport a limited number of clients.

Talon (sop in #mIRC on WebNet) has done the best job at useing mirc to perfectly emulate an irc server, includeing linking comands to other real servers out of everyoen i've seen. He coded an array handling addon to manage the database, which he found greatly speed up the server side processes and alowed him to handle more clients then before without greatly increaseing lag.

if you want to write an ircserver i'd recomend a compiled language such as c++

Cobra^

M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
As Cobra said, mIRCskript isn't the best language to code such things, i've started coding IRCd once, but i got tired of this.
There was some bugs i can't fix, like the "extra spaces got removed" problem wink

Go to wIRCds net and download some IRCd for windows.
I'd suggest Unreal (tons of features, some useless), or Dreamforge - if you want a "normal" IRCd wink

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
You'd be better off getting a shell on a *nix platform and running an actual ircd like bahamut or hybrid.

My cat's breath smells like cat food...
B
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
B
you can try beware ircd, a free undernet style ircd for windows.

P
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
P
beware ircd is availible from http://www.xs4all.nl/~beware3/irc

T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
A great ircd to run which supports linux and windows is unrealircd. It is easy to set up and managable if you have time to do the config file. It can be found at www.unrealircd.com and it is not a mIRC ircd but a great modifiable and modulable ircd.

P
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
P
unreal ircd is not the most stable ircd even on a real os and is extremely poor on windows

Link Copied to Clipboard