mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
JuanAm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Know you some way to hide a portion of the script ?
That way I can add lines to monitor changes in the credits, so I can protect my codes.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You want to hide them from where?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
J
JuanAm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Originally Posted By: westor
You want to hide them from where?

Do not know where it can be done.
I want to hide a part of my addon (*.mrc), I share it with many users.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try $remove

/help $remove

e.g: $remove(TEXT,.mrc)

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
J
JuanAm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Try $remove

/help $remove

e.g: $remove(TEXT,.mrc)

I think you not understand me.

When I put (* .mrc), I referred to my addon, is in that file extension.
example: myaddon.mrc

What I want is to hide some lines of the script, for other users who share my addon.

I do not understand that I can help the identifier $remove, for what I want. o.O

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
So, essentially you want protected lines of code that people can not see when using the code?

I have never seen or heard of this before, and I doubt it exists. What comes to mind are DLLs though, might be able to work something out with one.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
J
JuanAm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Originally Posted By: Nillen
So, essentially you want protected lines of code that people can not see when using the code?

I have never seen or heard of this before, and I doubt it exists. What comes to mind are DLLs though, might be able to work something out with one.

I have seen a DLL that makes that function, but the process is very complicated, because you have to encrypt the entire script and then decrypt it.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well because i have search before something like this and i did not find any good for you must have in your mind that mIRC codes are not encrypted be default (thats wrong but it does not) so one way is to encrypt the .mrc file when mirc exists and decrypt when the mirc starts but of course you will need an dll for this (and this dll above is not compatible for mirc 7.x for some reasons and is too complicated to use) also be in mind that these kind of dlls not s are infected (wrong) by the most of anti-viruses programs. i have also try before to hide it from explorer but at some point the mirc have issues on save/read and the changes did not apply so i suggest you to hard code the code if you want to not the others to copy your code from now there is not any other easy solution.

Edit: also you can save all the .mrc files to an other place so the users cannot easy find them.

Last edited by westor; 30/11/14 07:18 PM.

J
JuanAm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
J
Well because i have search before something like this and i did not find any good for you must have in your mind that mIRC codes are not encrypted be default (thats wrong but it does not) so one way is to encrypt the .mrc file when mirc exists and decrypt when the mirc starts but of course you will need an dll for this (and this dll above is not compatible for mirc 7.x for some reasons and is too complicated to use) also be in mind that these kind of dlls not s are infected (wrong) by the most of anti-viruses programs. i have also try before to hide it from explorer but at some point the mirc have issues on save/read and the changes did not apply so i suggest you to hard code the code if you want to not the others to copy your code from now there is not any other easy solution.

Edit: also you can save all the .mrc files to an other place so the users cannot easy find them.

Thanks westor.
I can not put .mrc files elsewhere, because as I was saying, what I share is the file itself .mrc

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you sharing your codes then there is not any points to hide them smile don't share them or hardcoded them so only you will know the way that the code is working. (old school method :P)

Link Copied to Clipboard