mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Hello, I have a problem with my mIRC.
Since I've been storing a lot of code in my mIRC it stopped updating my nickname list-box on the side when you view a channel.
Hence scripts hardly recognize (new) ops in chat and 3/4 of my code needs to go via an op-handler I wrote. Now that's not so much to deal with, but it's still a bother...

My current code does not customize nor interact, besides a request for a nickname, with the list-box, so I have no idea what it is that is causing this. Nor have I ever touched those sides of mIRC.

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is is really just me?

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Can you try typing
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)
to begin with and also provide which server(s) and an estimate of how many channels you are in? - If several, does this happen only at one server or more?

Also, are you using any version of ssl?
Code:
//echo -a $sslready

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $beta $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0) $sslready

Returns:
Code:
7 7.32 4d70d75527b9c2374a194171fa3230c0 none 1 3 0 0 $false

The "irc.twitch.tv"-server with the "6667"-port and 2 channels. My own and on a friend of mine. It happens at all servers.

Recap of the problem: Nickname list-box does not update. So my colors do not work in chat for ops for said chat.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
That's on the server's side, no program that handles irc will display the nicklist properly because the server doesn't always send it properly.

Basically, you can't do anything about it and neither can anyone else who has the same problem.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
F
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
F
Then I hereby want to advice everyone using the
Code:
/raw twitchclient N
, were "N" is found in the twitch API documentation, that either 2 and 3 can cause the nickname list-box in mIRC to not update properly.

Link Copied to Clipboard