mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
Pilum Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
P
I just got the latest mirc version, and i noticed that it lacks the option to select which browser it should use.

I've also been poking around, and I see that (as I've experienced) it doesn't even use the system default, although that is listed as fixed in v6.02!

I'm really surprised you removed that option; especially when you see all the scripts which modifiies mirc to be customizable to the extreme, while you cut back on it.

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Another useless thread...
This has been discussed many many many times...

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
"/run www.yahoo.com" opens up my default browser.. Why wouldn't clicking on the link do the same? lol

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
this is a known issue and there is a workaround for it at the moment ... use the search feature and search for browser problem expand the date range

if your defualy browser is internet explorer you wouldnt find this lil bug out which is assuming what yours is ... if thats the case then its not a bug to u

D3m0nnet.com
B
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
B
well, this would be the super simple workaround for having hotlinks open in the default browser:
Code:
on ^*:hotlink:*:*:{ }
on *:hotlink:*:*:{ if ((:// isin $1) || (www. isin $1)) { run $1- } }

- Wherever you go there you are.[color:lightgreen]
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
no thats not a workaround for defualt browser use a search feature to figure what im talking about out

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Had you read the second post from the top on this forum Browser switching... you would see this is a bug (also posted in the bug area), with workarounds to use until next version.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard