mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Kristal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
Well, I had to shut down my computer by cutting power not long ago, and I guess something is terribly corrupted in my Mirc. At first I noticed the autojoin script was not working. I checked it over and unloaded, reloaded it. Then when that did not work, I went to manually join my channels.

Here is what I get when I enter /join #channel

#CHANNEL Unknown command

It's the same when I try and join a server. This is really weird. So I guess I need to delete some corrupted component and do a reinstall. I tried reinstalling the same versio (6.21) to the same folder, but it changed nothing. I also tried installing another v. 6, and I still had the problem.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks smile

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try to update your mIRC version to the latest (7.36) from www.mirc.com/get.html

also if you are using any remote,dll,alias,coms use /remote off and try again to use /join #channel or /server irc.server

NOTE: 6.21 created on 2006 there are too many changes made on 7.36 that will probably fix you problem.

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
K
Kristal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
The truth is that I can't afford it. No kidding. 6.21 is stable and exploit free, and there is just a nag screen then click to continue, no online validation.

Last edited by Kristal; 27/09/14 01:45 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Fixed.
Somehow mIRC was loading the (single) remote scripts file in both Aliases and Remote, creating a faulty join alias.
Editing the aliases file would have no effect (changes simply reverted), unloading it from Aliases did work.

K
Kristal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
Yea, so bizarre. Thanks for your kind help. I learned a few things today smile

Edit: In fact it had been unloaded before - multiple times today, even. It was quite strange as I've never had such a sticky script before. Finally one of the edits "took". A bug, I guess. Perhaps the newer versions are more cooperative.

Last edited by Kristal; 27/09/14 03:00 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You should not under any circumstances be using any version of mIRC older than mIRC v6.35. mIRC v6.35 includes security updates that fix remote exploits existing in older versions of mIRC. You can download mIRC v6.35 through the download page on the mIRC website.

K
Kristal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
K
Thanks for the advice, Khaled. And may I, at least, offer you my heartfelt thanks for a lovely, slim profiled, well maintained software. I've gotten years of pretty much indispensable use out of it, and I do appreciate the effort that it takes for one guy to make it all the pieces run quite well together almost all the time. It's a simple, versatile and reliable little thing. I know people who have scripted some really surprising stuff in mirc, stuff that has nothing to do with IRC, itself, even. Myself, I just dabble a little. But I do thank you for making it smile

Last edited by Kristal; 27/09/14 08:20 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard