Print Thread
#246296 02/06/14 05:34 PM
J
jHoNDoE Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
I don't know what changed but when you move the mouse over the buttons it takes a little more, like a delay/lag, to show the tooltip. Don't know how to explain better, please look into it.

Thanks.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thank you for your bug report. It does indeed look like the tooltip display delay is slightly longer (by about 100 milliseconds) than in other applications. This has been changed for the next version so that mIRC uses the standard Windows tooltip delay value.

J
jHoNDoE Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
The delay is still there and it seems like before. I don't remember how 7.33 was exactly.

This is the thing, the delay is fine AFTER the first tooltip is shown. If you close and reopen mIRC, the first tooltip always appears with a weird delayed time. No idea how to exlpain it better.

Last edited by jHoNDoE; 19/07/14 06:15 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This is standard behaviour in Windows applications. When you first move over an item with a tooltip, there is an initial delay and only then is the tooltip displayed. If you then move to another item with a tooltip, the tooltip is displayed immediately.

That said, I have noticed that some applications, like Firefox and Internet Explorer, display their tooltips slowly all the time. Other applications, such as Notepad++, use the same tooltip display method as mIRC.

It is likely that you were using a very old version of mIRC before that was not using the standard tooltip display delay that it should have been, which was fixed in subsequent versions.

Link Copied to Clipboard