Print Thread
#24626 17/05/03 01:51 AM
P
Prizm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
I think the mIRC Options dialog settings should be set according to the network you're connected to, instead of setting options for all the connections. This would make it more configurable for multi-server connections.

For example, let's say I'm connected to three different servers. On server 1, I decide I want mIRC to cancel away on keypress. Well I would simply enable this feature by ticking the checkbox in the Options dialog. This would only effect server 1. The rest of servers would remain the same, unless of course, you change the settings for each server. Know what I'm saying?

#24627 17/05/03 03:26 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I agree, for some settings, but certain things sorta have to be global. For example, the DCC Server settings; it wouldn't make sense to have server specific settings because that has nothing to do with a specific server. Also things like the lock settings (other than perhaps the channel lock) I can see no reason why you would want /run enabled on one network but disabled on others, it really doesn't have much to do with any particular network. Also there would need to be some way to change defaults. Like what does it use when you connect to a network you've never used before?

#24628 17/05/03 03:32 AM
P
Prizm Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
P
Quote:
Also things like the lock settings (other than perhaps the channel lock) I can see no reason why you would want /run enabled on one network but disabled on others, it really doesn't have much to do with any particular network.

It should be just for IRC related stuff. Not mIRC's own commands or features, like DCC Server settings, lock settings, /run, /dll, etc.

Quote:
Also there would need to be some way to change defaults. Like what does it use when you connect to a network you've never used before?

Khaled can figure that one out..

Link Copied to Clipboard