mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Got a lot of bots set up. Anyone else looking for one please send me a private message here and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
I'm always looking to add new features to set my bot apart from the 'other' bots. My users are free to request/suggest features and I will add them. I also am always updating and adding them on my own.

Here's an example of a new feature I thought of and have added for each of the streamers. It will display (up to) the top 50 users in your channel: http://www.twitch.3owl.com/example.php

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Well it didn't take you guys long to break that link. Looks like my webhost and database server aren't playing nicely with each other. I'd love to host my own webserver/database but my the system resources on my server are all being consumed by the multiple instances of the twitch bot. I will have to disable that feature until my hosting fixes it or I start to host my own database.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Wow 3000 thread views!

C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
C
I pm'd you about this raz!:)

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Have a few bot slots open and I'm looking to fill them. Please drop me a message or post here if you're looking to bring your twitch.tv stream to the next level.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
... and there's 4000! laugh

R
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
R
Pm sent.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
About a week later there's 5000! Wow.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Most of them are probably you, stop bumping the topic

T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
Ok so you are willing to host me my bot but can you help me host it myself? I dont want to risk losing all the information about tokens and stuff if you lose your host or something.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Originally Posted By: trowaway123
Ok so you are willing to host me my bot but can you help me host it myself? I dont want to risk losing all the information about tokens and stuff if you lose your host or something.

Hi, thanks for the questions.

There isn't one single host for the bot but there are 3 that work together. The only portion of the bot I host is the actual code on my mini server machine which I am not sharing.

Here's the hosting scheme I have:
1. I host the bot.
2. I pay for database hosting.
3. I pay for web hosting.

I have chosen to pay for hosting rather than hosting it all myself mainly for that reason - my host automatically backs up my data frequently. Furthermore, I do manually backup the databases. Even if there were not any back ups, I would have full confidence in my hosts that they will not lose any of my data. In the case of losing the hosting (for some reason like I missed a payment) there is a grace period where I can still retrieve any/all of my data. I promise you that it is much much much safer in the capable hands of my paid hosting's server cluster then some random-guy-on-the-internet's 'hosting' it on his home/gaming computer. Trust me.

In the future, when I can do it properly, I would like to do all the hosting myself so I can get away from these monthly hosting fees.

T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
So there is no way of me hosting the bot myself? I have a small site and i think i can host it myself and stop it tweak it etc. I found this but i have no idea what do do with it since i have never hosted a bot.

https://github.com/SupremoRTD/LoyaltyBot/blob/master/README.md

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Not sure what that is but in the 'Issues' it looks like people are saying it doesn't work... then I got a popup from my anti-virus saying the website may not be safe and closed it out. I would be careful.

Guys, I'd appreciate it if you would stop messaging me linking me your broken code and asking me to fix it OR asking for my code. It gets old and it's not going to happen.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Github is a reputable host but the script he linked is javascript based and has nothing to do with mirc.

Since you aren't sharing your script and the fact that it's written in mirc script is completely hidden from the end user, I'd say this isn't an appropriate forum to be advertising your service.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Originally Posted By: Loki12583
Github is a reputable host but the script he linked is javascript based and has nothing to do with mirc.

Since you aren't sharing your script and the fact that it's written in mirc script is completely hidden from the end user, I'd say this isn't an appropriate forum to be advertising your service.

I didn't ever think that this would become what it has and yes, you are correct. If anyone has any further questions regarding the hosting a bot/script please private message me.

Other than that, let's get this topic on track. I, along with others, can help with logic/proof-reading code and pointing out mistakes and giving advice. I can try to be as helpful as possible but please don't ask me to write blocks of code for you.

Otherwise, I agree this topic has gotten a bit off-topic. If it continues that way I think we can just let this post ride off into the sunset (may require a locked thread).

Last edited by razezar; 04/08/13 11:46 PM.
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Looking to set up a few more bots and also do some coding. Please let me know how I can help smile

S
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
S
Razer I'm some one that plans on streaming on twitch and I to want to have a bot but i would like it if it required a small donation for them to enter the raffle. PlZ HELP!

Last edited by Slowyoda; 14/11/13 07:19 PM.
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Sent you a PM Slowyoda.

R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
Lot of people are PMing me regarding my bot. Yes I am still running it and will forever. I have added in a bunch of functionality since the original release. Please contact me if you need any help or want a bot for your twitch channel.
Happy Holidays smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard