mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
D
Hello, forgive me if this has been posted but i cant seem to find it. Anyway im looking for feedback from people to explain the + and - of using an mirc bot over an tcl eggdrop. many thanks

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
The only pro/con I see is which language are you better at. I replaced a TCL bot with an mirc bot years ago and no one would of noticed if I didn't change the nick.

There might be some slight technical differences or people who argue one way, but I'd just go with which ever you are better at.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Originally Posted By: pball
The only pro/con I see is which language are you better at. I replaced a TCL bot with an mirc bot years ago and no one would of noticed if I didn't change the nick.

There might be some slight technical differences or people who argue one way, but I'd just go with which ever you are better at.

Agreed. I prefer the eggdrop mostly because I have it on a (paid) dedicated server and don't have to run my computer 24/7. TCL scripting isn't that difficult for small things, and you can get pre-made scripts from egghelp.org for the same things you can get with mirc from hawkee.com etc.

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person. wink
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
The comments so far kind of say it all. What works for you is best. I have run both mIRC bots and eggdrop bots for years on IRC. Since I know both programming languages it has been, for me, more a question of which language I feel more comfortable getting something finished with. An example, 2 of my eggdrop bots interface with an sql database. I found it easier to code this with the mysqltcl library in an eggdrop bot than in an mirc bot. It could have been done in either language, but for me, based upon the knowledge i had at the time, i made this interface in the eggdrop bot.

Having said all of this, I prefer using an mIRC based bot, only because it affords me the chance to learn more about mIRC.

Help others! It makes the world a better place, Makes you feel good, and makes you Healthy!

Link Copied to Clipboard