mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
N
negg Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
N
After installing Libre Office 4.0.5.2 the SSL connection is no longer working in mirc. Looks like LO installed its own set of ssl dlls somewhere, and now mirc is using LO's libs and is unable to use them.

I tried reinstalling OpenSSL 1.0.1 into system32, also installing it in the programs/mirc folder, as well as the 0.9 version of OpenSSL.

I found it remarkable, that during the installation of Libre Office I was asked to shut down mirc because it was using "some files" that should be replaced during the installation. As I had the OpenSSL libs in system32 I guess LO wanted to overwrite those. But why is mirc unable to use the dlls there, after I reinstalled the original libs?

Please help...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you install the Visual C++ 2008 redistributables mentioned here, does that resolve the issue? This is one of the more common reasons why OpenSSL DLLs will not work after installation.

Other than that, if you run the following alias in mIRC, it should show you which DLLs mIRC has loaded, if any:

Code:
showssl {
  echo $ssl
  echo $sslready
  echo $sslversion
  echo $ssldll
  echo $ssllibdll
}

N
negg Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Thanks, reinstalling the VC++ redistributables helped.

The alias, however, returned only $true (two times) - maybe I did it wrong: I copied the code into the "alias" scripts editor with /showssl {...}

But nevermind, it works again. Thanks a lot for the quick help!

Last edited by negg; 24/09/13 08:35 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard