mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
GIG Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
I'm connected to several IRC servers and use more than one copy of MIRC to control scripts, stats and server config.

However the nicknames and server settings in one copy of MIRC is being used in the other copy of mirc instead of the ones I programmed in that config file. Is there a way to prevent this or, to accomplish what I want to do here?

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
First: why do you need multiple copies of mIRC? mIRC handles multiple servers just fine, you know...

To answer your question though: use multiple configurations. You can create separate mIRC directories and launch your second mirc.exe instance with commandline switches (-r, specifically) to use that directory instead of the default.

See /help command line for -r and other potentially useful switches.

Also an option: copy mirc.exe to another directory and place an mirc.ini file inside of that directory (it can be an empty file, mIRC will fill it with defaults). Managing separate installs, executables, etc., might be easier, depending on how you use your computer.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
G
GIG Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Wow Old thread here I know. I thought I Had notify enabled.

I'm assuming theres a script I can put in place to handle this so one copy of MIRC is joining two separate servers, and channels. I will look for it.

Last edited by GIG; 01/09/13 02:49 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
You'll find many topics with this:

Code:
on *:start: {
  server irc.network1.net -j #chan1,#chan2
  server -m irc.network2.net -j #chan3
  server -m irc.network3.net -j #chan4
}

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net