mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#24212 14/05/03 08:36 PM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
It would be very conveniant if mIRC would be able to load the logs for channels/query windows up to a specified amount of lines that the user can specify on re-opening, and mIRC doesn't re-log what is echo'd to that channel/query window.

another suggestion which I found out during all of this would be do add the -g switch to the "/play" command like "echo" has so that users have the option to not log what is played to a window or channel.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

#24213 15/05/03 08:31 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Have you found /loadbuf or /filter yet?

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#24214 16/05/03 04:49 AM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
yes... but that doesn't properly do what I suggested, and you would know that if you have used those for this purpose. Correctly it would lighten the text that was prior to the query/channel being opened and it wouldn't load lines that contained "session open, session closed" and other unecessary lines that were logged other than the normal chat. Another problem with /loadbuf is that it doubles up the timestamp instead of just loading the contents. Yes, /filter does resolve some of these issues but still doesn't give the right switches in order to not double the timestamp and it wouldn't be easy to give filter the correct properties to determine the right lines to echo so that it was back to it's original state before the window was closed....

so anyhow, this is a very good idea that could be useful if done correctly.

#24215 18/05/03 05:17 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I assure you that neither of these commands are doubling the timestamps. I'm willing to bet that the script you are using is echoing $timestamp to the channel instead of using the -t switch, and in your log preferences you also have [x] Timestamp Log checked.

To see if wagered correctly, please open a log file in Notepad.

- Raccoon

PS. Before /HOP was added, I manually echoed each line to the channel in my cycle script, and used pattern matches to determine the type of line (join/part/mode/text/etc) and used $colour() to display it as it was before. I tell you, kids today sure have it easy, yet they still bit[b][/b]ch and moan. crazy

#24216 19/05/03 07:14 PM
I
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
I
yes I do have timestamp checked so that it logs that, and I want it logged with timestamp. I can also assure that I don't use a script, it's standard mIRC and when I tried to use loadbuff for instance... it echo's what is in the log file which has the timestamp and since I have timestamp turned on in mIRC for channel/query windows... the timestamp shows up twice on the screen. Anyhow, this feature would have been easy to implent i'm sure and it's a good idea for upcomming versions of mIRC so that people don't have to try and remember what was said on prior conversations.

P.S.
you assume that I meant that loadbuff logs the echo'd text taht has the doubled timestamp, and that is not the case. the timestamp is just shown twice on /loadbuff to the user behind the screen.. so please don't assume that I don't know what i'm talking about or doing cause I have tried these before posting here suggesting an option =)

#24217 20/05/03 10:51 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If that is the case, try this.
.timestamp off $chan
loadbuf <parameters>
.timestamp default $chan

See how that works.

- Raccoon

Link Copied to Clipboard