mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
For some reason I noticed lately when I'm logging, my mIRC decided to add its own special session ident code.

I'll get the usual..

Session Start: Blah
Session Ident: Blah

But for some reason, I'm getting a new line of code that just decided to show up randomly. I even went to 100% default mIRC settings.. re-set my scripts and tested things... and it was gone.

Ten minutes later, it decided to start doing it again.

The code looks something like this. I'm going to make up names/etc.

[10:21] Session Ident: Pikachu (EFnet,Venusaur) (Pikachu@Pokemon.Center.Com)

Pikachu is the other user, and I'm Venusaur. (This is not true at all I'm just using example names)... and it shows Pikachu's IP. Mind you, this doesn't SHOW when the window opens.. but if I close the window and later re-open, it shows in the window, clear as day.

I think the last setting I changed was adding nick colors.. you know, making nicks show up as blue in my channel windows.

I don't know why that would change logging. I also turned logging timestamp on but that still doesn't explain this.

---

Note: The extra line is only added when people message me. If I open the pm window, this line isn't added.

I recently installed a script with an 'on open' event, but I removed that and the issue persisted. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Last edited by Jaillynian; 18/06/13 05:25 PM.
D
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
D
That line has been added for years (if not forever) by mIRC, when a query window is opened by someone sending you a msg. If you open the query window it isn't added.

J
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
J
Ooooodd I never got that til today. I have another IRC client and it's 7.32 as well and it's not doing that. And it's logging is set up, too.

Kinda wish that was an option. Ah well.

Last edited by Jaillynian; 18/06/13 06:07 PM.
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Scripts can affect whether this is shown.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"

Link Copied to Clipboard